Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramon Hernandez

Ramon Hernandez

Seems like he's a lock to get traded to the Reds or Brewers, and I hope we get him. He was born in Venezuala and I bet he would mold well with our young Hispanic pitchers and he's had a great career and wouldn't really hurt us if we can get the O's to pay some of the salary.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: Ramon Hernandez

Looks like he's headed our way for Freel and a prospect.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

If/When this deal goes down the Reds will have more catchers (4) on their 40-man roster than outfielders (3). And then there were three....Bruce, Dickerson and Hopper. If Dye is out of the picture then who is in?

1:56pm: John Perrotto believes a Hernandez for Freel deal will be announced today
    From MlbTradeRumors

At least we got something for Freel

OOOOH YEEEAHHHH!! CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Rosenthal says it's a done deal:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8...inter-meetings

3:28 p.m. Reds, O's agree on trade

The Reds have reached preliminary agreement with the Orioles on a trade that will send catcher Ramon Hernandez to Cincinnati for outfielder Ryan Freel and two prospects, according to a major-league source.

The deal is pending the approval of the commissioner's office, because it involves a cash transaction of more than $1 million.

On Monday, major-league sources said the deal would not be completed unless the Orioles picked up a significant portion of Hernandez's remaining salary.

Hernandez is owed $8 million in 2009 with a club option of $8.5 million or a $1 million buyout for 2010, meaning he is guaranteed $9 million.

Hernandez could be a great pick-up IMO. He has declined recently due to lack of motivation and i'm hoping the young Latino's here will infuse some energy into the dude.

RotoHester

Freel and 2 prospects? This is starting to go down hill. Please be someone I've never heard of!!

As an Oriole fan, I can tell you that Ramon hustles once in a blue moon. He does have a knack for being clutch, whatever that means. His catching skills leave a lot be desired though. But hey, you got rid of Farney...

Good luck next year, beat the Cubs and Cardinals...

Quote Originally Posted by DFA View Post
    As an Oriole fan, I can tell you that Ramon hustles once in a blue moon. He does have a knack for being clutch, whatever that means. His catching skills leave a lot be desired though. But hey, you got rid of Farney...

Good luck next year, beat the Cubs and Cardinals...
    Do you think lack of motivation is the main reason his stats decreased? Can it be fixed?

What order do the Reds pick in the Rule5 Draft on Thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    What order do the Reds pick in the Rule5 Draft on Thursday?
    i think it's 8th just like the june draft.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    i think it's 8th just like the june draft.
    Thanks

since this looks like it will be official soon i'll be really curious about the details. kinda worried about the prospects included.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Ramon Hernandez he's my new favorite player! This move automaticly adds years to Jay Bruce's career. It keeps all women and children in the first 4 rows safe from flyin 170 lbs bodies.

Truthfully, Freel did play hard and made some great defensive plays. But I grew tired of him the last few years because he liked to "fake" hustle... you know diving for the ball that's 12 feet from him or climbing the wall on a ball that's 25 rows deep. And he started swinging like a power hitter instead of a leadoff man. And I'm pleased that the Reds could get something out of him with the injury that he suffered last season. Can't say I'm gonna miss him much.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Do you think lack of motivation is the main reason his stats decreased? Can it be fixed?
    I think his stats decrease is more related to the grind of catching...catchers have a tendency to fall off a cliff pretty fast like Varitek did this year. Hopefully I'm wrong, I always liked Ramon back from his Oakland days.

Re: his motivation...there certainly is a "culture" of losing in Baltimore, I suspect there's one in the queen city too. His lack of motivation really comes up when he lollygags down the line and in his poor work habits behind the plate (though this is completely subjective on my end). In the batter's box he never slacked off. Upon leaving it is where problems developed...

But maybe a "fresh start" and a "new beginning" wil "breathe new life" into Ramon.

Turn Off Ads?