Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A number keeps calling my cell phone...

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: A number keeps calling my cell phone...

You're either going to have to get call blocking or change your number.
    I'm interested in jobs and you won't create jobs by forcing employers to pay their employees $9/hr- Sea Ray
    I'd say min wage should be about $9/hr - Sea Ray

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would think this would fall into the category of a harassing phone call.

Can't you call your local PD and file a complaint?

I think I'd to solve this via the legal system rather than with technology.

Pay attention to the open sky

I've heard phone spammers often mask their numbers so finding the area code and address and tracking them down yourself might just lead you to some innocent family's doorstep.

skipease.com

free website that gives you a lot of information--but doubt it will help in this specific case

I'm no expert here, but my guess is these calls are coming from another country, and their auto dialer puts a U.S. number on your caller ID.

If they are out of the country, they are out of reach of any jurisdiction of any agency that could help someone out here.

Like I said, I think CE has the right idea. You either get call block or change your number.
    I'm interested in jobs and you won't create jobs by forcing employers to pay their employees $9/hr- Sea Ray

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Can't you call your local PD and file a complaint?

I think I'd to solve this via the legal system rather than with technology.
    Normally that'd be my first thought, for quite obvious reasons.

But, the multi-state nature of the crime makes prosecution here in Cincinnati fairly impossible.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Update?

It's bad to say, but the only way I have found to get these people to stop calling to too give them a good old fashion cussing. I had the same problem with a number several months ago. They would not quit calling. I went on a tirade and then they finally stopped.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I'm really sorry about this. I thought you were an ex-girlfriend, and I was drunk. I'll stop calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    It's bad to say, but the only way I have found to get these people to stop calling to too give them a good old fashion cussing. I had the same problem with a number several months ago. They would not quit calling. I went on a tirade and then they finally stopped.
    I've done that. It's my phone, and if someone doesn't like the way I talk, don't call.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Don't people generally stop calling you when they find out you're a Titans fan?

http://www.intelius.com/results.php?ReportType=33&

this is what the reverse look up comes up with

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Don't people generally stop calling you when they find out you're a Titans fan?
    hilarious. :thumbdown

"My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

You ever figure this out, CE?

My parents are having a similar issue with their cell, except it's three different numbers from the same area code and city/state calling. I called Verizon Wireless and blocked all three numbers from calling my parents' phone as they have the ability to block up to five numbers. Hopefully it solves this situation, but seeing as how it's been three different numbers calling it may not.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Reverse lookup on MSN

http://msn.whitepages.com/search/Rev...caltime=survey

(973) 792-8504 is Unpublished or Unavailable
    (973) 792-8504
    Type: Land Line
    Provider: Verizon

Microsoft virtual map located at Franklin St. and Broad St. Next to Newark City Hall Birds eye view shows Newark City Hall.

http://msn.whitepages.com/virth/map?...-8504&npa=973&

Turn Off Ads?