Re: Carolina

I'm just trying to make a case for a player I like

I'm not trying to bait anyone

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    I'm just trying to make a case for a player I like

I'm not trying to bait anyone
    I'm sorry. It's not that I dislike Tordi personally--I just think he has no chance of making a positive impact for a Major League team.

It's ok

I see your point as well

I don't see him getting much of a chance either

Unless he comes out of the gate next season raising hell and tearing the cover off the ball

BROWNING TO CAROLINA: Tom Browning was moved from pitching coach at Rookie Billings to pitching coach at Double-A Carolina.

"They called me and asked if I'd be interested," Browning said. "I said, 'What do you think?' "

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...812130410/1071

Frankly I think Tordi is likely to be released by Reds by end of Spring Training.

I wonder what happened with Bosio (pitching coach) at Carolina?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

I doubt it

There aren't as many gloves as good as his in the system

He just needs to start somewhere so he can get himself going

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Frankly I think Tordi is likely to be released by Reds by end of Spring Training.

I wonder what happened with Bosio (pitching coach) at Carolina?
    His release is inevitable, but his versatility is invaluable. How many players can play catcher and shortstop? That's almost as good as Javier Valentin's catcher and third base abilities.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I've seen Tordi play since his FR year at UF. All glove, no bat. He hit in the .250's at UF, and that was against some very suspect pitching with aluminum bats. As much as I'd love to see another Gator make the majors, Tordi is, as others have said, nothing more than organizational filler. I would like to see him coach one day, however.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I wonder what happened with Bosio (pitching coach) at Carolina?[/QUOTE]

Travis said that he is now pitching coach with the Brewers AAA team.
    "Life is like a baseballgame. When you think a fastball is coming, you gotta be ready to hit the Change UP"

carmack42

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    BROWNING TO CAROLINA: Tom Browning was moved from pitching coach at Rookie Billings to pitching coach at Double-A Carolina.

"They called me and asked if I'd be interested," Browning said. "I said, 'What do you think?' "

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...812130410/1071
    Good for him. I look forward to seeing him with the team.

Thanks for the info fellas, makes me look forward to Mudcats ball even more this year, and will prob get me on this board a lil more often now.

Anyone know if they are still gonna be the Mudcats or are they changing to the Carolina Reds? Anyone know if their uniforms are changing or logos, etc.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Anyone know if they are still gonna be the Mudcats or are they changing to the Carolina Reds? Anyone know if their uniforms are changing or logos, etc.
    From all I see from their website, they will continue to be the Carolina Mudcats. The uniform seems to have a mudcat(fish) on the front. The colors are red and white, so that seems to be connected to them being a Reds franchise.

I just read an article about the Nashville Sound (Brewers AAA). Bosio is to be their pitching coach.

http://www.nashvillesounds.com/news/...sp?newsId=2882

Turn Off Ads?