Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non-Baseball Sport Discussion now belong in "The Tavern"

Non-Baseball Sport Discussion now belong in "The Tavern"

All,

After a recent suggestion, we have decided to move all non-baseball related sports threads to redesigned sub-forum of the Non-Baseball Chatter forum. Baseball topics (both major and minor leagues) will continue to stay in their existing forums. I have moved some of the recent applicable threads to the sub-forum, but if you see any I've missed, please use the Report a Post feature and an admin or moderator will move them over.

The name of the previously named "Jungle Talk" sub-forum will tentatively be "The Tavern", but we are open to suggestions if you feel you have a better one. The same rules will apply to this forum as is the case everywhere else on the site. If you have any questions or additional suggestions, please let us know.

Boss

2. Turn Off Ads?
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Re: Non-Baseball Sport Discussion now belong in "The Tavern"

Great idea to whoever thoguht of it.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Great idea to whoever thoguht of it.
    I'd like to meet him. Whoever he is, he's already my favorite member of RedsZone.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I'd like to meet him. Whoever he is, he's already my favorite member of RedsZone.
    You would? Look in the mirror you conceited Weasel!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I like the name...The Tavern. It fits for sports conversation.

If it only had some hot bartenders, we'd be set

I like having all the other sports put together in one forum, but is there any chance it could be made a regular forum instead of a sub-forum of Off Topic? If you look at the front page, and there's a new post in The Tavern, but nothing new in Off Topic, it still shows a new post in Off Topic because of The Tavern being a sub-forum. It's a minor thing, but it would make the site a little easier to navigate.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I like having all the other sports put together in one forum, but is there any chance it could be made a regular forum instead of a sub-forum of Off Topic? If you look at the front page, and there's a new post in The Tavern, but nothing new in Off Topic, it still shows a new post in Off Topic because of The Tavern being a sub-forum. It's a minor thing, but it would make the site a little easier to navigate.

Since this is a sports forum, a Non-Baseball Sports forum is more important than a Non-Baseball Chatter forum, is it not?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I would like this, too, but I thought it would have been greedy for me to say so.

I considered the above idea (making The Tavern a forum, rather than a subforum of Non-Baseball Chatter) but I think it's better classified as the latter. I'm not married to the idea, so if you have any compelling arguments, go right ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I considered the above idea (making The Tavern a forum, rather than a subforum of Non-Baseball Chatter) but I think it's better classified as the latter. I'm not married to the idea, so if you have any compelling arguments, go right ahead.
    To my knowledge, The Tavern has had more activity than five of the forums:
    Game Threads (obviously, since it's the off season)
    The Future (partially due to not everyone having access to it)
    Fantasy Island
    Introductions and Site Feedback
    RedsZone Pictures

That, in itself, is a reasonable idea to make it its own forum. To be honest, it wouldn't bother me, personally, if The Tavern were joined with Fantasy Island. I like that they're separate, but like I said, it wouldn't bother me.

Done...The Tavern is now a forum and Fantasy Island is now a sub-forum of The Tavern.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Done...The Tavern is now a forum and Fantasy Island is now a sub-forum of The Tavern.
    I like it so far.

Looks good, Boss.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Thanks.

Thanks!

Turn Off Ads?