Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rule Five

Rule Five

If Dano or Krivs were still here, you could count on them nabbing a relief prospect at the very least. Not sure how WJ feels about the Draft, but there are two open spots on the 40-man, IIRC.

Are there any intriguing SSs, OFsor Loogys out there you'd like to see them take a shot on?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rule Five

Well from what I have seen of Walt he seems to poo-poo the idea of looking for diamonds in the ruff, he usually likes to go after known quantities. I 'd guess we don't take anyone. But if we did Pedro Strop RHRP would be my pick and then use him and Juan Francisco to p/u Garrett Atkins or send Strop and more to p/u someone from the Rangers either Nelson Cruz or Elvis Andrus. Both those organizations love Strop but both have thought they could slip him off their rosters at different points.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Let's take Sergio Valenzuela.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Anyone know what time the draft is today?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Let's take Sergio Valenzuela.
    <golf clap>

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Anyone know what time the draft is today?
    I wasn't able to pinpoint it any closer than today during the Winter Meetings.

Somewhere else I read that Walt and Company would be heading to the airport at approximatly 11:00 AM PST so I'd guess it would be around 9:00 AM PST or about 12:00 EST.

Rem

It begins at 12:00 EST.

Figures, right as I'm leaving for a little bit. Oh well, I don't expect a whole lot anyway as far as the Reds are concerned.

Rule 5 top pick

MLB.com has learned that the Washington Nationals will take RHP Terrell Young from the Reds organization with the first pick of the Rule 5 Draft today. Young was a 10th round pick in the 2004 draft. He's got a big arm who had a very good second half in 2008. He's very athletic and competitive on the mound and has three above-average pitches.

-- Jonathan Mayo

http://hotstove.mlblogs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Rule 5 top pick

MLB.com has learned that the Washington Nationals will take RHP Terrell Young from the Reds organization with the first pick of the Rule 5 Draft today. Young was a 10th round pick in the 2004 draft. He's got a big arm who had a very good second half in 2008. He's very athletic and competitive on the mound and has three above-average pitches.

-- Jonathan Mayo

Jimbo gets a Red? He'll probably have to go change his leather pants. Offer him the full rights to Young, Majewski and Hanigan for Flores
    Last edited by corkedbat; 12-11-2008 at 11:53 AM.

Bowden has an obsession with Reds players.

Obsession or not, was it a good pick? Who would you have taken if You were the Nats GM?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Obsession or not, was it a good pick? Who would you have taken if You were the Nats GM?
    Hard to say, based on his experience. He has never played above A ball. I don't know if it is worth a roster spot for the whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Rule 5 top pick

-- Jonathan Mayo

Does this constitute stalking?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?