Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Your Dayton Flyers 2008-2009 Basketball Thread

Your Dayton Flyers 2008-2009 Basketball Thread

We'll see how long I can keep this up.

First loss of the season against Creighton last night. The Flyers just can't shoot.

A brief introduction to Chris Wright, quite possibly and arguably the best Flyer around here since Roosevelt Chapman.

Dayton's Chris Wright
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Your Dayton Flyers 2008-2009 Basketball Thread

UD alum here. Wright definitely has pro talent, but I still see them struggling to make the field of 65. Marcus Johnson and he will have to carry the team on their shoulders at times.

The Atlantic 10 is going to do UD no favors from an RPI and SOS perspective. That league is awful this year. Should make for some gaudy W-L records for the state of Ohio's A-10 squds, though.

UD fan right here.

The Creighton game was just one of those things...everyone gets their tail kicked once in a while. I remember Xavier getting rolled by ASU last year, and they turned out ok. The good news is they get two patsies back to back to (hopefully) recover mentally from that drubbing.

Depth is UD's biggest asset this year. More often than not their 12 man rotation will wear down opponents and more than cover up the inconsistent, and sometimes brutal, offense. Defensively this is the best UD team I can remember. Creighton shot 52% from three, hitting a total of 13. That won't happen to UD again all year, you can pretty much book that.

Chris Wright is starting to flash a mid-range jumper. He will be unstoppable in the A10 with a decent mid-range game. From where I sit, CW just needs to be more assertive in the half court.

The rest of the OOC schedule is advantageous, so another 14-1 OOC record is very doable. Miami is always tough and George Mason won't be easy, but Dayton doesn't lose OOC games at home. Haven't lost one in three years.

BG has to find a way to get Kurt Huelsman to be as aggressive on offense as he is on D. He'd run over his own mom to get a loose ball of defense, but put a defender on his hip on offense, and he goes fetal. I don't get it.
    Last edited by guttle11; 12-11-2008 at 08:34 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYL0v...eature=related

This just isn't right. Clear the children and elderly out of the room before watching.

Turn Off Ads?