Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds news on Twitter

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Reds news on Twitter

I just noticed that someone or some media entity (probably cincinnati.com, since the outbound links seem to point to that site) has recently set up a Reds news feed on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/CincyReds/

Those of you who don't know what Twitter is, probably won't care and will wonder why this matters. Those of you who use Twitter to follow the news, especially on your wireless phone, will be thrilled.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 12-11-2008 at 10:59 AM.
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: Reds news on Twitter

Thanks

Twitter - the next step in information overload.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I like to think of it as the newest way to use up a monthly text message allowance.
    /r/reds

nice! good catch! following

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I honestly don't know what we'd do today if cell phones didn't allow us the opportunity to contact our friends or family with minute-by-minute updates in near-binary text-speak code that reads like an amalgam of every personalized license plate I've ever seen that just..didn't...have...enough...room to get the whole word worked out.

Oh wait. We'd TALK to each other. Geez. Almost forgot.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I honestly don't know what we'd do today if cell phones didn't allow us the opportunity to contact our friends or family with minute-by-minute updates in near-binary text-speak code that reads like an amalgam of every personalized license plate I've ever seen that just..didn't...have...enough...room to get the whole word worked out.

Bravo!
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Talk to each other?

Good lord...who wants to do that? People are a pain in the butt.

:

(seriously, I much prefer email and texting people for communication. Avoids extraneous fluff)
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 12-12-2008 at 06:57 AM.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

OMG WTF R U TLKNG ABT?

Actually there are people out there (like me) who have a hard time comprehending things that are spoken. It's sort of like a hearing disorder. Anyway, having things written down makes it MUCH easier to deal with.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

My wireless phone costs 18 cents a minute for calls and 1 cent for a text message. Being thrifty and having a phone with a QWERTY keyboard, I favor the cheap option.
    /r/reds

http://twitter.com/redsbuzztap has been impressing me lately with the number of articles it links and summarizes. It's monitoring, Fay, C. Trent and Hal's blogs, in addition to the usual article sources.
    /r/reds

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

And stay off his lawn already!

There are plenty of Twitter users tweeting about the Reds. If you're looking for solid info, rather than RedsZone-ish chatter, here are some more good sources...

MLB.com Reds beat reporter Mark Sheldon is http://twitter.com/m_sheldon

The Enquirer's "Miss Enquirer" has newsy updates: http://twitter.com/missenquirer

FSN Ohio's Jim Day is http://twitter.com/jimdaytv
    /r/reds

News about Matt Maloney: http://twitter.com/pitchermaloney
    /r/reds

We may have the first Reds major leaguer on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/LNIX17

The first tweet isn't exactly profound... "at my boy Tank's got me on twitter, must be bored in the natti"
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?