Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds to lose Terrell Young in Rule 5 Draft...

Re: Reds to lose Terrell Young in Rule 5 Draft...

The Twins are the ones who grabbed Arias, by the way.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Yeah but I read yesterday that they are planning on hanging on to both of those guys. Could have just been a ploy though...
    Yesterday they may have been. Now they have Skelton that may change things.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Yesterday they may have been. Now they have Skelton that may change things.
    Yeah, I am thinking someone made a strong offer but they had to say 'we will get back to you after we explore our options for another catcher' and they probably didn't expect Skelton to fall to them. When he was there they were probably like 'Sweet, lets take this kid and move one of those guys'. Just me thinking out loud, and I really doubt the Dbacks GM said sweet.... but still.

his name should have been Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    He (TY) does not throw as hard as some want to say. He was around 90-92 most of the time in Dayton. Very questionable makeup, but a nice kid.
    He was around 95-96 at the end of the year and in instructs. I don't think there was a chance he was getting released, that is a ridiculous statement whether you are trying to nail the Nats or not.

King Koopa

Its a drag that they picked up Young, I really like his potential, he's personally one of my favorite prospects in the organization to be honest. I hope they offer him back, but Jimbo probably won't do that. Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    James Skelton went #11 to Arizona. Nice pick but I'm not sure why they need him since the already have Montero and Snyder.
    Skelton was a pretty good guard for Randy Ayers in the early 90s.

Maybe they think he can still stroke the 3 consistently enough to keep defenses from sagging around Amare Stoudamire.

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    He was around 95-96 at the end of the year and in instructs. I don't think there was a chance he was getting released, that is a ridiculous statement whether you are trying to nail the Nats or not.
    I could actually see a decent argument for releasing Young. He's been with the organization for quite a while, and his improvements haven't really translated to the field. I really doubt it would have happened, but the Reds have a lot of pitching depth in the upper minors, and I could have seen Young being one of the more likely guys to be released or traded.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Yeah, I am thinking someone made a strong offer but they had to say 'we will get back to you after we explore our options for another catcher' and they probably didn't expect Skelton to fall to them. When he was there they were probably like 'Sweet, lets take this kid and move one of those guys'. Just me thinking out loud, and I really doubt the Dbacks GM said sweet.... but still.
    If I was the DBacks GM, I'd have said "sweet". I love the catching on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Its a drag that they picked up Young, I really like his potential, he's personally one of my favorite prospects in the organization to be honest. I hope they offer him back, but Jimbo probably won't do that. Sucks
    I wonder if Jimbo thought the reds might not want to pay to get Young back. They let the Padres keep Guevara last season, so barring a strong showing in Washington by Young and I wouldn't be surprised if the reds let them keep him anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Skelton was a pretty good guard for Randy Ayers in the early 90s.

Maybe they think he can still stroke the 3 consistently enough to keep defenses from sagging around Amare Stoudamire.
    Wow, an Ayers reference. I didn't think I'd hear that name today, he graduated from my High School. Although I don't recall Skelton the player the name sounds familiar.

Anyhow nice pick up for Arizona. Did anyone see if Pedro Strop got selected?
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Kevin Goldstein said this about Terrell Young:

Nationals: Terrell Young, RHP, Reds
    By the time you read this, chances are good that Young has already been sold, for as much as $200,000. It's easy to argue that he's the best pure arm in the draft, with a plus-plus fastball, but he's also a guy with a very long injury history, command problems, and no real second pitch. He offers plenty to dream on, but it's a pretty distant dream and no sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Wow, an Ayers reference. I didn't think I'd hear that name today, he graduated from my High School.
    Ayers and my mom were friends in High School. That's my claim to fame
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Ayers and my mom were friends in High School. That's my claim to fame
    Did you go to Springfield North also Rick or just your mom? BTW He was also a friend of my mom's family.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

lets face it he was into moms....

Turn Off Ads?