Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two guys that should be the short list for the Bengals first round pick next year

Two guys that should be the short list for the Bengals first round pick next year

Some of the College Football awards were presented yesterday:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28182973/

All-American team:
    Joining Colt McCoy on the Walter Camp All-American team were running backs Greene (Iowa) and Javon Ringer (Michigan State); wide receivers Crabtree (Texas Tech) and Dez Bryant (Oklahoma State); tight end Chase Coffman (Missouri); and offensive linemen Michael Oher (Mississippi), Andre Smith (Alabama), Duke Robinson (Oklahoma), Rylan Reed (Texas Tech) and A.Q. Shipley (Penn State).

MAXWELL AWARD (Best player)
    Tim Tebow, Florida

WALTER CAMP (Best player)
    Colt McCoy, Texas

O'BRIEN AWARD (Top QB)
    Sam Bradford, Oklahoma

WALKER AWARD (Top RB)
    Shonn Greene, Iowa

BILETNIKOFF AWARD (Top WR)
    Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech

MACKEY AWARD (Top TE)
    Chase Coffman, Missouri

OUTLAND TROPHY (Top interior lineman)
    Andre Smith, Alabama

RIMINGTON AWARD (Top center)
    A.Q. Shipley, Penn State

BEDNARIK TROPHY (Top def. player)
    Rey Maualuga, USC

BUTKUS AWARD (Top linebacker)
    Aaron Curry, Wake Forest

THORPE AWARD (Best defensive back)
    Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State

LOMBARDI AWARD (Top lineman)
    Brian Orakpo, Texas

GROZA AWARD (Top kicker)
    Graham Gano, Florida State

GUY AWARD (Top punter)
    Matt Fodge, Oklahoma State

Draddy Trophy (Top scholar athlete)
    Alex Mack, California

HOME DEPOT COACH OF YEAR
    Nick Saban, Alabama

BROYLES AWARD (Top assistant coach)
    Kevin Wilson, Oklahoma

If our pick is not Smith or Oher, I would not be surprised knowing Mikey-boy, but I would be extremely disappointed...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Two guys that should be the short list for the Bengals first round pick next year

Andre Smith should be the pick.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Re: Two guys that should be the short list for the Bengals first round pick next year

But you just know they'll take Beanie.

I like Smith, but he is only 6'4" as he slows a little with age, he will have to move to guard. My pick would be Oher. Long arms and ideal size.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    But you just know they'll take Beanie.
    If that happens, I am done.

My guess is Matt Stafford will be the first pick by Detroit. I don't see Kitna, Orlovsky, Stanton, or Henson doing anything anytime soon. If KC finishes with a worse record than us, they could take one of the O-Lineman.

Michael Johnson would be an intriguing option at DE. As long as its O-Line and D-Line, thats all that matters. I would call it a great draft if the Bengals took O-Line with their picks in all three rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    ... Michael Johnson would be an intriguing option at DE. As long as its O-Line and D-Line, thats all that matters. I would call it a great draft if the Bengals took O-Line with their picks in all three rounds.
    i agree 100% they need to concentrate on help for both sides of the line (from both the draft and FA's) more than anything else. unfortunately they need a new gm that would actually do that.

I'm sorry, but I want Rey Maualuga. I LOVE HIS GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Maualuga is a good one.

But he's no Aaron Curry.

Anyone else think there is a really good chance we just trade down and stockpile early picks?

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Anyone else think there is a really good chance we just trade down and stockpile early picks?
    The Bengals don't know how to do that. They are too stupid to be that creative.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I am with ya there that guy is awesome. I'd be almost as happy with Laurinaitis which I should really slap myself for saying. But Rey conjures up visions of our own Polamalu but at LB, like him or not Polamalu is a beast. That said I kinda expect Stacy Andrews to be re-signed with Levi on the left side, Collins be the 1st off the bench and Whitworth and Williams right back at guards. Ghiacuic is the only one I see being potentially replaced, any good FA centers on the market coming up? If not I believe there is one that could be drafted at the top of the 2nd or earlier. I think we go defense unless they don't re-sign Andrews. And LB is just as good a spot as any to pick from, it's got some nice upper tier prospects this year. I don't see them taking Beanie he get's dinged too much for a team with it's injury issues.

I wonder if we gain any additional compensatory picks for Justin Smith and Madieu Williams. I know we signed Odom but he's done nothing and I thought they base comp picks off of balancing performance of those lost with those gained in the previous FA.

What I'd do
    1st Rd - Rey Maualuga OLB
    2nd Rd - Alex Mack OC Cal

I predict it will look like this come draft day:

1 - Detroit - Matt Stafford QB - GA
    2 - Seattle - Andre Smith OT - AL
    3 - Cincinnati - Rey Maualuga LB - USC
    4 - St. Louis - Malcolm Jenkins CB/S - TOSU
    5 - Oakland - Michael Crabtree WR - TT
    6 - Cle. - Chris Wells RB - TOSU
    7 - Jax - Jeremy Maclin WR - Mizzo
    8 - KC - Aaron Curry OLB - Ga. Tech
    9 - S.F. - Sam Bradford QB - OK
    10 - Buff - Micheal Oher OT - Miss
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Beanie a Brown? Yuck!!!! That makes my stomach turn. Anywhere but Cleveland.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I wouldn't mind Maulaga + he'll probably get along with Rivers.

I like Maulaga, but I don't think he fills a need.

If I had to project the top 10, here would be my guess:

1.Detroit-Matt Stafford(QB-Georgia)
    2.Cincinnati-Michael Oher(OT-Ole Miss)
    3.Kansas City-Andre Smith(OT-Alabama)
    4.Seattle-Michael Crabtree(WR-Texas Tech)
    5.St Louis-Vontae Davis(DB-Illinois)
    6.San Francisco-Sam Bradford(QB-Oklahoma)
    7.Oakland-Michael Johnson(DE-Georgia Tech)
    8.San Diego-Rey Mauluga(LB-USC)
    9.Jacksonville-Malcolm Jenkins(DB-Ohio St)
    *10.Cleveland-Knoshown Moreno(RB-Georgia)

FWIW, I believe Cleveland will hire Marty Schottenheimer. Moreno strikes me as being a better fit for Martyball than Beanie, more as an LT-lite.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I like Maulaga, but I don't think he fills a need.

If I had to project the top 10, here would be my guess:

1.Detroit-Matt Stafford(QB-Georgia)
    2.Cincinnati-Michael Oher(OT-Ole Miss)
    3.Kansas City-Andre Smith(OT-Alabama)
    4.Seattle-Michael Crabtree(WR-Texas Tech)
    5.St Louis-Vontae Davis(DB-Illinois)
    6.San Francisco-Sam Bradford(QB-Oklahoma)
    7.Oakland-Michael Johnson(DE-Georgia Tech)
    8.San Diego-Rey Mauluga(LB-USC)
    9.Jacksonville-Malcolm Jenkins(DB-Ohio St)
    *10.Cleveland-Knoshown Moreno(RB-Georgia)

FWIW, I believe Cleveland will hire Marty Schottenheimer. Moreno strikes me as being a better fit for Martyball than Beanie, more as an LT-lite.
    So you think Chris Wells is coming back to school for his senior year?

Turn Off Ads?