Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Majewski, Hopper, & Belisle non-tendered, Hopper re-signed

Majewski, Hopper, & Belisle non-tendered, Hopper re-signed

Hallelujah!
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Majewski and Belisle non-tendered

C Trent:
    * I just talked to Walt during the break. I asked him about the non-tendered players. He said they have to wait to announce them. He laughed when I asked if I could read into who is and isn't here. Edwin Encarnacion is here, Gary Majewski and Matt Belisle aren't.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 12-12-2008 at 06:56 PM.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

C Trent is blogging here from Redsfest and emailed Tim at mlbtraderumors.com. Arthur Rhodes is also here which was pretty neat. Edwin is here which indicates he'll be offered arbitration.

Yippie!

Now, make sure that no one, I mean even the clubhouse guys, talks to their agents. Do not, under any circumstances, do anything even like sending them a Christmas card.

Rem

Sweet! That also frees up what 1 or 2 spots on the 40 man, Belisle was on the 40 man wasn't he?
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I'm glad to see Majewski go, but I have to say I'm a bit melancholy about Belisle. Not that I think he should have been retained, just that I always thought he'd be a contender.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

They call me "chef"

He could have been one.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Belisle end up w/ minor league deal down the road
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Belisle end up w/ minor league deal down the road
    I would, at least one with the Reds. I remember him not being too happy about the demotion to the AAA bullpen from the ML rotation.

I'm putting money on him being a Cardinal and shutting us out twice next season.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I would, at least one with the Reds. I remember him not being too happy about the demotion to the AAA bullpen from the ML rotation.

I'm putting money on him being a Cardinal and shutting us out twice next season.
    Yeah, I meant w/ the Reds. Being demoted with a major league deal can be frustrating. Being unemployed changes ones perspective quite quickly.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Hopper, Majic man and Belisle all non-tendered!!

WOW i didnt see that happening with Hopper... we need outfielders and he did do well before he was hurt.. hmmmm amazing we only have 2 outfielders on the 40 man now!

Hopper, Belisle, Majewski
    Posted by JohnFay at 12/13/2008 12:02 AM EST on Cincinnati.com

It looks like The Reds will not tender contact offers to Norris Hopper, Matt Belisle and Gary Majewski.

Hopper is the shocker to me. But apparently the Reds have some sort of deal worked out. If they, don't they're down to two outfielders on the 40-man. According to agreed-upon rules of a the game, you need three outfielders.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Hopper, Majic man and Belisle all non-tendered!!

It sounds like the Reds and Hopper have an agreement for something. He was at Redsfest tonight, should be interesting to see if he is still there tomorrow.

Weren't there indications at the end of last season that some in the Reds organization were irritated that Hopper and Freel rarely checked in, or visited the clubhouse, after being placed on the DL?
    And is Fay referring to a deal with Hopper, or with another outfielder?
    Last edited by Mainspark; 12-13-2008 at 12:54 AM.

Sign Hopper to a minor league deal, his perfect role is in AAA at our disposal to be used in case of injuries.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?