Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Milton Bradley Thread

Re: The Milton Bradley Thread

Walk away from this guy. He is a bonafide car wreck as a human and baseball player.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Looking at his mentality and his numbers, he is nowhere near worth it. Frankly, I don't see the productivity being anywhere near worth it, talent-wise, he looks only slightly above middle of the road. But, throw in his personality, and I find him to be completely worthless. Add in his age and contract, and he becomes a huge negative.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Looking at his mentality and his numbers, he is nowhere near worth it. Frankly, I don't see the productivity being anywhere near worth it, talent-wise, he looks only slightly above middle of the road. But, throw in his personality, and I find him to be completely worthless. Add in his age and contract, and he becomes a huge negative.
    Agreed. If we're looking for "pop" that is reliable, we're going to have to pay for it. Something that is not understood by this front office. We'd rather hope for McDonald to "come around." Drives me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    The Reds should be considering any opportunity for arbitrage. I don't believe that his attitude makes other players play worse. And when he was healthy enough to play, he gave the Cubs 1.3 wins worth of production.

Lincoln & Taveras are $6.5M next year. Add in $1.5M in cash and that's 2 years for $12M net.
    Pretty sure 1.3 wins of production is worth less than what he was paid this year. The guy just can't stay on the field enough to justify the money/headache. We need a shortstop ALOT more than this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Because he's a headache you simply don't want to deal with any more and you have no shot at making the playoffs. I'm not saying I want him on the Reds per se', just that I'd rather have a crazy guy who produces than two sane ones who don't.
    His production is vastly overrated. He isn't a lock to produce anything except non-game related headline stories.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    It blows my mind that anyone would want this guy on the team.
    Anyone with a modicum of sense could see a train wreck was coming. I guess that must rule out the Cubs GM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    Anyone with a modicum of sense could see a train wreck was coming. I guess that must rule out the Cubs GM.

One could - and has - said the same thing about Willie T.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    without a doubt ... albeit for different reasons.

How about this hypothetical?

Reds deal Cordero, Taveras, Lincoln

Cubs deal $2 million, Bradley and Zambrano

Takers?

I would in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    C. Trent actually thinks the Taveras signing was better than the Bradley signing.

* Oh, Milton Bradley. Seriously, that signing makes the Willy Taveras signing look good.
    Although it's kinda like deciding whose more annoying, Spencer Pratt or Kanye West?
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    C. Trent actually thinks the Taveras signing was better than the Bradley signing.

Although it's kinda like deciding whose more annoying, Spencer Pratt or Kanye West?
    Spencer Pratt, with no hesitation.

He's right. Bradley cost the Cubs 5X more money than WT cost the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    He's right. Bradley cost the Cubs 5X more money than WT cost the Reds.

Exactly. And more years too.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    How about this hypothetical?

Reds deal Cordero, Taveras, Lincoln

Cubs deal $2 million, Bradley and Zambrano

Takers?

I would in a heartbeat.
    No thank you. I want no part of Bradley or Zambrano, let alone what we would owe them. Those two players are a huge reason the Cubs stink right now. They're not reliable, and I doubt they'd be any more reliable in Cincy.

fwiw, I would guess that there's zero chance that Walt would take a chance on Bradley at this point. The Reds chances of improving are too precarious. But someone will, and I wouldn't bet against that team ending up with a year's worth of good production.

I find myself wondering what type of manager could handle him best, seeing that Lou couldn't make a go at it (that should have been predictable--Lou seems to have high standards.) Dusty handles players pretty well, maybe he would do a good job with MB. If so, we should immediately ship him off to whoever signs him, for the good of all involved. :
    Last edited by tixe; 09-21-2009 at 03:12 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Turn Off Ads?