Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 330

Thread: The Milton Bradley Thread

  1. #16
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    This is the last guy they need.
    Why do you say that? Is it his attitude or his injury history?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,514

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    He's gotten more then 415 at bats in a season one time and he's north of 30, no thanks.
    Go Gators!

  4. #18
    The wino and I know bucksfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    NW OHIO
    Posts
    3,039

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Why do you say that? Is it his attitude or his injury history?
    ...or lack of belief in dinosaurs?... (that was Milton, wasn't it?)
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

  5. #19
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,290

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Why do you say that? Is it his attitude or his injury history?
    The attitude is trash. That's the main reason. This is a young team and they shouldn't be subjecting the likes of Bruce, Votto, Volquez, Cueto and everyone else to this guy.

    There's a reason why this guy is going on his 7th franchise by the age of 31.

    Add in the injury risk and he shouldn't even be on the board.

  6. #20
    Member blumj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Northern MA
    Posts
    4,561

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post
    ...or lack of belief in dinosaurs?... (that was Milton, wasn't it?)
    That was Jurassic Carl(AKA Crazy Carl)Everett. But I can definitely see why you'd get them mixed up.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

  7. #21
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    The attitude is trash. That's the main reason. This is a young team and they shouldn't be subjecting the likes of Bruce, Votto, Volquez, Cueto and everyone else to this guy.

    There's a reason why this guy is going on his 7th franchise by the age of 31.

    Add in the injury risk and he shouldn't even be on the board.
    The thinking would be that Dusty Baker could keep him under control being the "players manager" that he is. There is no way around the injury bug though. That is definitely a valid concern.

  8. #22
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,424

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    The attitude is trash. That's the main reason. This is a young team and they shouldn't be subjecting the likes of Bruce, Votto, Volquez, Cueto and everyone else to this guy.

    There's a reason why this guy is going on his 7th franchise by the age of 31.

    Add in the injury risk and he shouldn't even be on the board.
    I'm fairly responsible, and I attribute a lot of that to learning what not to do from watching my father. I don't think having a guy like Bradley around is as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. It could help the young guys in the long run. :

  9. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Amarillo,Texas
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    He'll get 2 years, likely more, from someone else. A one-year offer has no chance.
    Milton rejected a 1 year offer from Texas. He is looking for a multiyear deal, but 2 years with a option for a third might be enough.

  10. #24
    The wino and I know bucksfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    NW OHIO
    Posts
    3,039

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    That was Jurassic Carl(AKA Crazy Carl)Everett. But I can definitely see why you'd get them mixed up.
    aaah, yes; thank you. I have updated my files with this information!
    I just didn't want to have Jay Bruce running around out there not believing in dinosaurs. My fears in that regard are now at rest.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

  11. #25
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Walt's bomb shelter
    Posts
    6,769

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    I wanted him last year when he was cheaper. Now, with his cost significantly higher (plus his attitude problems), I'm not so sure.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  12. #26
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,285

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    The attitude is trash. That's the main reason. This is a young team and they shouldn't be subjecting the likes of Bruce, Votto, Volquez, Cueto and everyone else to this guy.

    There's a reason why this guy is going on his 7th franchise by the age of 31.

    Add in the injury risk and he shouldn't even be on the board.
    I think the clubhouse issue isn't an issue at all. Bruce, Votto, Volquez, Cueto and all the rest are adult's, not teenager's. I can't see them turning into bad apple's because Bradley might or might not be a headcase.

    The injury concerns are an issue, but at some point this team has to take a risk. Give me his 400 AB's and crappy attitude any day of the week over some of the other alternative's. The guy can hit. We need hitter's. Match made in heaven as far as I'm concerned.

  13. #27
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,196

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    That was Jurassic Carl(AKA Crazy Carl)Everett. But I can definitely see why you'd get them mixed up.

    I get them mixed up too. Not sure why.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  14. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    12,796

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Get Jermaine Dye.

  15. #29
    Member Strikes Out Looking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,417

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    I have two fears about Bradley. One his reputation, fair or not. Second is his durability.
    However, it would be kind of cool to have Milton Bradley play the same position Yatzee once played.

  16. #30
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,290

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I think the clubhouse issue isn't an issue at all. Bruce, Votto, Volquez, Cueto and all the rest are adult's, not teenager's. I can't see them turning into bad apple's because Bradley might or might not be a headcase.

    The injury concerns are an issue, but at some point this team has to take a risk. Give me his 400 AB's and crappy attitude any day of the week over some of the other alternative's. The guy can hit. We need hitter's. Match made in heaven as far as I'm concerned.
    There is a reason why guys like Bradley, TO, Moss and others get passed from team to team while mostly producing along the way. They aren't worth it, even when they are producing.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25