Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Milton Bradley Thread

Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    There is a reason why guys like Bradley, TO, Moss and others get passed from team to team while mostly producing along the way. They aren't worth it, even when they are producing.
    I think the biggest reason is that no one trusts that he'll be able to stay on the field.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

teh Dusty may be able to earn a few bucks of his salary with a guy like Bradley. If teh Dusty has so-called success being a player's manager, let's test it out.

Milton can flat rake, and his bat is precisely what this offense needs. If he calls Jeff Brantley a horse's you know what during his tenure here, then that's even more bang for the buck right there.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

High five!

Heck, I think I'd pay extra if he stormed up to give a certain poofy-haired announcer what for. Make it an incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Is there anybody that redszone agrees on?
    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    We'd all agree that acquiring Albert Pujols would be a good move.
    Nah, Pujols would make too much money for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Never ever will be.
    It's actually kind of interesting. I can look at a thread about acquiring a player, a potential trade, an actual acquisition, etc. and I can tell just by looking at the names of people who like a deal and who do not like a deal whether I'll likely like the deal. And that's without even knowing any of the players/terms of the deal.

It's like what Puffy said when discussing who he relates to the most on RZ by stating, "Generally, I associate with the people who are right about most things and disagree with those wrong about most things."
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

What would you rather have, a left fielder that sits in chairs in the clubhouse or one that throws them in the clubhouse?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    What would you rather have, a left fielder that sits in chairs in the clubhouse or one that throws them in the clubhouse?
    I choose whichever is more likely to motivate his teammates through a judicious use of choking.

The less risk there is, the more money you pay.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

High five!

It's better than shuffling them on the deck.

May I just say that this new "tag" feature is both pretty groovy and likely to become completely out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    It's like what Puffy said when discussing who he relates to the most on RZ by stating, "Generally, I associate with the people who are right about most things and disagree with those wrong about most things."
    Wait, so Puffy and I "relate".

Now I'm bummed.

Darryl Strawberry and Dwight Gooden weren't good clubhouse guys in 1986 and the Mets did all right that year. It doesn't matter to me whether he's a good guy, or whether or not the broadcaster's and his teammates like him. If he produces, I'm all for it. I'm not saying I'd go overboard with the contract, because there's obviously risk attached. But if Dusty dealt with Barry in San Fran, he can surely deal with Milton in Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    May I just say that this new "tag" feature is both pretty groovy and likely to become completely out of control.
    I don't get how they work.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Furcal's DUI says "hi".
    Pretty ridiculous comparison, imo.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Pretty ridiculous comparison, imo.
    DUI shows immaturity and bad decisions.

You've painted the Milton Bradley picture as him being immature and making bad decisions.

Furcal's DUI seems like a pretty fair comparison to your Bradley picture, IMO.

I think the biggest reason is that no one trusts that he'll be able to stay on the field.
    Highly doubtful. People don't get passed around like that if they are talented and injury prone. Seven organizations by the age of 31. That is ludicrous.

Turn Off Ads?