Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Milton Bradley Thread

Re: The Milton Bradley Thread

Lou, you brought this on yourself when you signed on with the Cubs. We love you, but we don't pity you.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I want to know why Lou picked Bradley to make an example out of when he's like the 3rd Cub to do that.
    Maybe it has something to do with the common occurance part

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post

You could tell by Piniella's tone that he is about done with this guy. He looked completely disgusted.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX036rh4k2E

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with the common occurance part
    So you pick your ticking time bomb to make an example out of? That's just stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    So you pick your ticking time bomb to make an example out of? That's just stupid.
    The guy brings it upon himself. Maybe he needs someone to kick him in the rear and make an example out of him instead of putting up with his crap until you can't anymore and then just cutting him.

People can say that chemistry is overrated and I'd probably agree with them (at least to an extent). But Bradley is a headcase that's made of glass in a very shiny expensive wrapper. The ultimate high risk/high reward player. It's been said that sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make. Well I'm pretty glad the Reds didn't sign Bradley.

Bradley makes Alex Johnson look like Sean Casey

If I owend the Reds I'd steer very wide of players like Milton Bradley and try my best to avoid paying an overrated Manager like Lou.

I think they're both nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    If I owend the Reds I'd steer very wide of players like Milton Bradley and try my best to avoid paying an overrated Manager like Lou.

I think they're both nuts.
    But you'd rather have Dusty?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    But you'd rather have Dusty?

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

They have both been blessed with some very talented teams and in my humble opinion they have been no more successful than the players they so often blame for their own failures.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Pot, meet kettle.

Milton Bradley has a long way to go before he can match Lou's record for most water coolers destroyed.
    sorry we're boring

and try my best to avoid paying an overrated Manager like Lou.
    Six of one, half dozen of the other.

They have both been blessed with some very talented teams and in my humble opinion they have been no more successful than the players they so often blame for their own failures.
    Totally agree with your assessment. Especially when it comes to Lou. And I've held that position on here for the last several years. Lou has been blessed (or fortunate) to have been in the right position at the right time. I knew he was never coming back to Cincy, when those rumors were flying, because he demands an ownership to spend the big bucks and buy him his team. He accused Seattle, when their payroll was in the mid-90s, of not being committed to winning because they wouldn't up their payroll. So he leaves and goes where? To Tampa. Yes, it wasn't the easiest task to do; but they saw no progress under Lou.

Code:
    2003	162	63	99	.389		
    2004	161	70	91	.435		
    2005	162	67	95	.414
    Lou doesn't build teams. He expects them to be built and ready to go when he gets there. Chicago was a perfect fit for him (I guess).
    Last edited by GAC; 06-27-2009 at 07:45 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Bradley says Piniella insulted him Saturday, June 27, 2009 ESPNChicago.com

CHICAGO -- Milton Bradley said before the second game of the Chicago Cubs' series against the White Sox on Saturday that he didn't have the same set of rules as his other teammates.

According to the Chicago Tribune Web site, Bradley said: "I don't have the same set of rules as other people," in response to a question about whether he has been singled out by manager Lou Piniella.

"Because of the mistakes I've made in my career, I don't get the leeway other guys get to a certain extent," Bradley added.

Bradley also said that Piniella called him a "piece of [expletive]," during the conversation, according to the Web site.

Piniella said he has apologized for the remark but added he was upset it was leaked to reporters, according to the Tribune.

"I also told him we can't continue to have the shenanigans," Piniella said.

Bradley is batting third and playing right field in Saturday's game at U.S. Cellular Field.

Cubs officials said they were concerned about the alleged leaking of the confrontation by White Sox security. White Sox officials denied the accusations, according to the Tribune.
    I don't know how long Piniella is signed for but Bradley is under contract to the Cubbies through 2011.

Piniella is signed through the end of the 2010 season since the Cubs already picked up the option back in September. However, Bradley's 2011 option doesn't technically activate until he plays about 19 more games.

Milton Bradley's 2011 Option Vests
    By Tim Dierkes [July 21 at 8:57pm CST]

Cubs right fielder Milton Bradley made a pinch-hit plate appearance in the 11th inning against the Phillies tonight, marking his 75th game played in 2009. The significance? The games played milestone caused his 2011 option, worth $12MM, to vest.

Bradley's Cubs career has been a disappointment so far. His .372 OBP is fine, but he's slugging only .369 and showing nothing as a left-handed hitter. He's also been a negative on defense, based on UZR/150 (though we're only working with 527 innings).

Turn Off Ads?