Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Milton Bradley Thread

Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

Bart loved the umpires. He liked Pallone too - perhaps because they were both Italian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was at that game ... and I didn't have my radio to hear anything Marty and Joe said. The fans were upset by the horrible call(and way late) and the confrontation. So few had radios at the game it wasn't anything Marty and Joe said that fired up the fans, it was Pallone himself. He was a disgrace as an umpire, bad and confrontational, and don't even go into the personal issues. Rose claimed that Pallone poked him in the face and that is why he shoved him. Pallone was every bit as aggressive during the argument as Rose was.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I agree. The Rose suspension was way over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I agree. The Rose suspension was way over the top.

I'm no Rose apologist but I agree.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm no Rose apologist but I agree.
    ditto.

Also note that the NL President gave the suspension, which means that the AL gave Martin his for kicking (or didn't give him one) part of Buds watch tasks was to consolidate those two entities into one and get some consistency in rulings such as the Pallone incident.

CHICAGO (AP) -Chicago Cubs outfielder Milton Bradley has been suspended two games for arguing balls and strikes and making contact with umpire Larry Vanover.

Rem

Cubs' Bradley: Umpires retaliating

Chicago Cubs right fielder Milton Bradley lashed out at Major League Baseball's umpires Sunday, saying they are forcing him to swing at bad pitches by widening his strike zone.

Bradley, suspended one game last month after an argument with umpire Larry Vanover, said he thought other umps were getting back at him for the incident.

"Unfortunately, I just think it's a lot of 'Oh, you did this to my colleague,' or 'We're going to get him any time we can," Bradley said, according to the Chicago Tribune. "As soon as he gets two strikes, we're going to call whatever and see what he does. Let's try to ruin Milton Bradley.'

"It's just unfortunate. But I'm going to come out on top. I always do."

Bradley said his hitting strategy would remain the same, regardless of how he feels about the pitch calling from behind the plate.

"What am I supposed to do?" he said, according to the Tribune. "You lead the American League in OPS [in 2008], and two years in the top three in the league in on-base percentage. All of a sudden now, I come to Chicago and I can't see the ball no more? I don't know a strike from a ball?

"I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. There's a lot involved, and it's a lot of politics where there's nothing you can do about it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4204044

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Cubs' Bradley: Umpires retaliating

Chicago Cubs right fielder Milton Bradley lashed out at Major League Baseball's umpires Sunday, saying they are forcing him to swing at bad pitches by widening his strike zone.

Bradley, suspended one game last month after an argument with umpire Larry Vanover, said he thought other umps were getting back at him for the incident.

"Unfortunately, I just think it's a lot of 'Oh, you did this to my colleague,' or 'We're going to get him any time we can," Bradley said, according to the Chicago Tribune. "As soon as he gets two strikes, we're going to call whatever and see what he does. Let's try to ruin Milton Bradley.'

"It's just unfortunate. But I'm going to come out on top. I always do."

Bradley said his hitting strategy would remain the same, regardless of how he feels about the pitch calling from behind the plate.

"What am I supposed to do?" he said, according to the Tribune. "You lead the American League in OPS [in 2008], and two years in the top three in the league in on-base percentage. All of a sudden now, I come to Chicago and I can't see the ball no more? I don't know a strike from a ball?

"I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. There's a lot involved, and it's a lot of politics where there's nothing you can do about it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4204044
    That guy is legitimately crazy. I can't believe I wanted the Reds to go after him. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    That guy is legitimately crazy. I can't believe I wanted the Reds to go after him. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    A brief summary of the typical symptoms of PPD (Paranoid Personality Disorder) includes:

suspiciousness and distrust of others

questioning hidden motives in others

feelings of certainty, without justification or proof, that others are intent on harming or exploiting them

social isolation

aggressiveness and hostility

little or no sense of humor
    I am sure you could find an article describing each symptom for Bradley over his career

he's a coo coo clock

Bradley isn't worth the pain he brings.

Injury prone and slightly paranoid ... I was surprised when the Cubs signed him given his track record. They should have ignored the career season, they deserve what they get for signing him.

Haunted by walks

At least he understands OPS.

Turn Off Ads?