Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 330

Thread: The Milton Bradley Thread

  1. #166
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,346

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Bart loved the umpires. He liked Pallone too - perhaps because they were both Italian.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #167
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    I was at that game ... and I didn't have my radio to hear anything Marty and Joe said. The fans were upset by the horrible call(and way late) and the confrontation. So few had radios at the game it wasn't anything Marty and Joe said that fired up the fans, it was Pallone himself. He was a disgrace as an umpire, bad and confrontational, and don't even go into the personal issues. Rose claimed that Pallone poked him in the face and that is why he shoved him. Pallone was every bit as aggressive during the argument as Rose was.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  4. #168
    Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    5,328

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    I agree. The Rose suspension was way over the top.

  5. #169
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,346

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I agree. The Rose suspension was way over the top.

    I'm no Rose apologist but I agree.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  6. #170
    Brett William Moore Will M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Crescent Springs KY
    Posts
    3,593

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm no Rose apologist but I agree.
    ditto.
    .

  7. #171
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,391

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Also note that the NL President gave the suspension, which means that the AL gave Martin his for kicking (or didn't give him one) part of Buds watch tasks was to consolidate those two entities into one and get some consistency in rulings such as the Pallone incident.

  8. #172
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,066

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    CHICAGO (AP) -Chicago Cubs outfielder Milton Bradley has been suspended two games for arguing balls and strikes and making contact with umpire Larry Vanover.

    Rem

  9. #173
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Cubs' Bradley: Umpires retaliating

    Chicago Cubs right fielder Milton Bradley lashed out at Major League Baseball's umpires Sunday, saying they are forcing him to swing at bad pitches by widening his strike zone.

    Bradley, suspended one game last month after an argument with umpire Larry Vanover, said he thought other umps were getting back at him for the incident.

    "Unfortunately, I just think it's a lot of 'Oh, you did this to my colleague,' or 'We're going to get him any time we can," Bradley said, according to the Chicago Tribune. "As soon as he gets two strikes, we're going to call whatever and see what he does. Let's try to ruin Milton Bradley.'

    "It's just unfortunate. But I'm going to come out on top. I always do."

    Bradley said his hitting strategy would remain the same, regardless of how he feels about the pitch calling from behind the plate.

    "What am I supposed to do?" he said, according to the Tribune. "You lead the American League in OPS [in 2008], and two years in the top three in the league in on-base percentage. All of a sudden now, I come to Chicago and I can't see the ball no more? I don't know a strike from a ball?

    "I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. There's a lot involved, and it's a lot of politics where there's nothing you can do about it."

    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4204044
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  10. #174
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,348

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Cubs' Bradley: Umpires retaliating

    Chicago Cubs right fielder Milton Bradley lashed out at Major League Baseball's umpires Sunday, saying they are forcing him to swing at bad pitches by widening his strike zone.

    Bradley, suspended one game last month after an argument with umpire Larry Vanover, said he thought other umps were getting back at him for the incident.

    "Unfortunately, I just think it's a lot of 'Oh, you did this to my colleague,' or 'We're going to get him any time we can," Bradley said, according to the Chicago Tribune. "As soon as he gets two strikes, we're going to call whatever and see what he does. Let's try to ruin Milton Bradley.'

    "It's just unfortunate. But I'm going to come out on top. I always do."

    Bradley said his hitting strategy would remain the same, regardless of how he feels about the pitch calling from behind the plate.

    "What am I supposed to do?" he said, according to the Tribune. "You lead the American League in OPS [in 2008], and two years in the top three in the league in on-base percentage. All of a sudden now, I come to Chicago and I can't see the ball no more? I don't know a strike from a ball?

    "I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. There's a lot involved, and it's a lot of politics where there's nothing you can do about it."

    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4204044
    That guy is legitimately crazy. I can't believe I wanted the Reds to go after him. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

  11. #175
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    That guy is legitimately crazy. I can't believe I wanted the Reds to go after him. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
    X2

  12. #176
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,606

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    That guy is legitimately crazy. I can't believe I wanted the Reds to go after him. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
    A brief summary of the typical symptoms of PPD (Paranoid Personality Disorder) includes:

    suspiciousness and distrust of others

    questioning hidden motives in others

    feelings of certainty, without justification or proof, that others are intent on harming or exploiting them

    social isolation

    aggressiveness and hostility

    little or no sense of humor
    I am sure you could find an article describing each symptom for Bradley over his career

  13. #177
    Member icehole3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Posts
    3,109

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    he's a coo coo clock

  14. #178
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,296

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Bradley isn't worth the pain he brings.

  15. #179
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    Injury prone and slightly paranoid ... I was surprised when the Cubs signed him given his track record. They should have ignored the career season, they deserve what they get for signing him.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  16. #180
    Haunted by walks
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Syracuse
    Posts
    6,587

    Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

    At least he understands OPS.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25