Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Milton Bradley Thread

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: The Milton Bradley Thread

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5166152
    Milton Bradley, baseball's self-described bad guy, has asked his Seattle Mariners for help in dealing with what manager Don Wakamatsu says is "emotional stress" from personal issues.

Wakamatsu and general manager Jack Zduriencik said Wednesday that their fiery slugger is out indefinitely until he receives an outside assessment and a plan to address his issues.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sounds like Bradley is dealing with some severe mental health issues. As someone who deals with those who suffer from mental illness on a daily basis, I hope that he can find peace someday. Some time off from the game may be the best thing to ever happened to Milton Bradley.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Sounds like Bradley is dealing with some severe mental health issues. As someone who deals with those who suffer from mental illness on a daily basis, I hope that he can find peace someday. Some time off from the game may be the best thing to ever happened to Milton Bradley.
    I wouldn't bet against it. Sounds a lot like Alex Johnson who was diagnosed with severe reactive depression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

From rotoworld

According to King 5 Sports in Seattle, Milton Bradley was arrested on a felony in Los Angeles County.

We're still awaiting more details, but one would think this would finally be enough to void the rest of his contract. The troubled Bradley is still owed $12 million for the 2011 season. Stay tuned for more information as it is made available. Jan. 18 - 9:07 pm et

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Whoever thought getting Jose Silva and his awful contract would mean a team got by far the better end of a trade?

However, the Cubs actually got one right for a change. Silva's not good, but it was still a good trade for them.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    And it now looks like he's going to get ALOT more of that.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    And it now looks like he's going to get ALOT more of that.
    Really? Isn't that Los Angeles County place where someone named OJ got away with double murder?

I am sure Milton can afford his own dream team. And he hasn't killed anyone... just threatened to hurt/kill. Get the right lawyer and get the trial moved to a location where the jury best suits you. Enough said.

Calling Judge Ito!

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Really? Isn't that Los Angeles County place where someone named OJ got away with double murder?

I am sure Milton can afford his own dream team. And he hasn't killed anyone... just threatened to hurt/kill. Get the right lawyer and get the trial moved to a location where the jury best suits you. Enough said.

Calling Judge Ito!
    The prospect of jail time is his problem. I was only thinking of when he might play baseball again. This might be enough for Seattle to void the rest of his contract. And I'm not sold that a player with his baggage would be in high demand. So, yeah I think he'll have a break from baseball for awhile.

Doesn't appear that the therapy he had last summer took.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Whoever thought getting Jose Silva and his awful contract would mean a team got by far the better end of a trade?

However, the Cubs actually got one right for a change. Silva's not good, but it was still a good trade for them.
    It didn't work out too bad for the Reds either. They won two of three against him. Only four teams, three of which were in the NL West, had more success against him than the Reds in 2010.

The problem with Milton is he's not putting up the numbers he once did. You can put up with a felon if he OPSs enough

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The problem with Milton is he's not putting up the numbers he once did. You can put up with a felon if he OPSs enough
    If that were true he wouldn't be on his 8th team by the age of 32.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    If that were true he wouldn't be on his 8th team by the age of 32.
    My theory supports the fact that he's on his 8th team. Simply put, his numbers don't justify the baggage he brings. So what's not true?

Bradley's one of those players that look like a good fit if he hasn't played for your team until he actually does. Kyle Farnsworth is another of those players.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    My theory supports the fact that he's on his 8th team. Simply put, his numbers don't justify the baggage he brings. So what's not true?
    I was going off of this:

What I was saying was that he was getting shipped around even when he was putting up the numbers that he once did.

Turn Off Ads?