Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: White Death ver 2009.1

Re: White Death ver 2009.1

Put the windows down and opened the sunroof on the drive home from work today.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I used to think I knew what snow was. Then I moved to Canada. THIS is snow. I had my truck snowed in last week and a bulldozer ended up helping me get it out.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I used to think I knew what snow was. Then I moved to Canada. THIS is snow. I had my truck snowed in last week and a bulldozer ended up helping me get it out.
    dude when did you move to canada?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    dude when did you move to canada?
    Been about a month now. Coming "home" for Christmas and whatnot in a few days though.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I counted eight vehicles off the road between 844 and the mile I travel on I-675. There were two more vehicles wrecked inside my apartment complex.
    If anyone wants a new Honda then just drive up the road leading to my plant. Counted seven of them when I got off work. Just bring a tow truck to get them out of the ditch.

The weather report says northern-central Ohio is going to get hit with another freezing mix after midnight Thursday night.

Why does this stuff always have to start coming down AFTER we 3rd shift people GET to work?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

We got a lil over 6 inches Friday, another 2 inches Saturday, and at least that much today...

That would probably leave Cincinnati closed for a week.

Portland got slammed, we have about a foot of snow and 10 plows in the whole city, the airport is closed, Amtrak, Greyhound the highways require chains or studs, the highways to the coast and the Gorge are closed....and we don't have salt trucks and no warmer weather until the end of the week.

I live in the city and my neighborhood is completely snowed in, no tire tracks on the road, a snowmobile cruised down the center the other day.

It's a freaking mess, and it's going to snow again today.. or freezing rain which is also a factor.

I have determined that I am already done with winter.

I've got a feeling that the 'irritates ltlabner' tag will encompass around 300 threads before it's all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I've got a feeling that the 'irritates ltlabner' tag will encompass around 300 threads before it's all said and done.
    I'd take the over on that one.

I came home from school to 12 inches of snow in my front yard!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Portland got slammed, we have about a foot of snow and 10 plows in the whole city, the airport is closed, Amtrak, Greyhound the highways require chains or studs, the highways to the coast and the Gorge are closed....and we don't have salt trucks and no warmer weather until the end of the week.

I live in the city and my neighborhood is completely snowed in, no tire tracks on the road, a snowmobile cruised down the center the other day.

It's a freaking mess, and it's going to snow again today.. or freezing rain which is also a factor.
    Won't lie, that sounds kinda fun in a Winter Wonderland kinda way.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Been about a month now. Coming "home" for Christmas and whatnot in a few days though.
    What part are you living in?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    What part are you living in?
    Capital city, Ottawa.

No snow, but it took me almost two hours getting home tonight. It's a drive that usually takes me 15 minutes. Most of that was the idiots in front of me allowing people speeding by in the next lane to cut in front of them, leaving us sitting idle for what seemed like forever. It took me 40 minutes to get from exit 3 to exit 2 on south 471, and another 40 minutes to get from exit 2 to the I-275 interchange.

Absolutely ridiculous.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?