Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Daniel Cabrera To Sign With Nats

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Daniel Cabrera To Sign With Nats

Per MLBTradeRumors.com

Nice addition to go with Scott Olsen.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Daniel Cabrera To Sign With Nats

he is certainly the kind of player for them to take a chance on ... and also going from the AL to the NL and from a hitters to a pitchers park.

That Nats staff may not be good next year--but it sure will be interesting.

Anyone else think Cabrera is the Wily Mo Pena of pitchers?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    That Nats staff may not be good next year--but it sure will be interesting.

Anyone else think Cabrera is the Wily Mo Pena of pitchers?
    Except not personality-wise. Cabrera seems like he's either angry or nervous all the time.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    he is certainly the kind of player for them to take a chance on ... and also going from the AL to the NL and from a hitters to a pitchers park.
    Is the new Nats park pitcher friendly? It certainly didn't look like it played like the previous park, well it didn't look as big anyway.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Is the new Nats park pitcher friendly?
    probably play as a slight one, certainly better than Camden Yards. Although nothing like RFK.

After averaging 160 strikeouts a year for three seasons, he dropped to 95, with almost as many walks, last season. I'm glad he signed with the Nationals.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Can anyone tell me what Stan Kasten sees in Jim Bowden?
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Can anyone tell me what Stan Kasten sees in Jim Bowden?
    I think Kasten has no power in Washington. Sources say that he hates the job and is looking for a way out. He has no way of firing Bowden without Lerner giving the go ahead, and for whatever reason, that isn't going to happen.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Cabrera is such an enigma. He either pitches lights out or he sucks so bad he doesn't get past the fourth inning. Who knows if he figures anything out this coming season. I kind of hope he pitches in both series with the Reds this year because they could be some good solid wins for our guys.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Cabrera is such an enigma. He either pitches lights out or he sucks so bad he doesn't get past the fourth inning. Who knows if he figures anything out this coming season. I kind of hope he pitches in both series with the Reds this year because they could be some good solid wins for our guys.
    More likely he'd throw a no hitter . Nothing ever comes easy for our team

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    More likely he'd throw a no hitter . Nothing ever comes easy for our team
    LOL!!! He nearly threw a no-hitter against the Yankees a few season ago and the game was actually in Yankee Stadium. I think he was one or two outs away from it and Robinson Cano (I think) got the only hit off him in the 9th inning. He's never come close ever since though and that was before he started walking every other batter. I think he walked every third or fourth batter back then, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

The deal is 2.6MM for the 2009 season.. Probably a million less the he'd receive if he was offered Arbitration.

Senor Votto

Now they just need to sign Tex and they'll be set

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    The deal is 2.6MM for the 2009 season.. Probably a million less the he'd receive if he was offered Arbitration.
    Not a bad deal by Jim Bowden. (IMHO)

I think it makes more sense than signing Patterson to 3 million dollar deal for 2008.

Turn Off Ads?