Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Do romantic comedies spoil our love lives?

  1. #1
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,543

    Do romantic comedies spoil our love lives?

    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,656

    Re: Do romantic comedies spoil our love lives?

    What, you mean the nerdy guy who tries really hard and makes bold declarations of undying love for the object of his affections doesn't always get the girl?

    I'm...shocked!
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

  4. #3
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    43,171

    Re: Do romantic comedies spoil our love lives?

    You broke your arm once before, remember?

    You fell out of our tree house. Kenneth picked you up...and we carried you 12 blocks to the hospital. Yeah, you cried all the way.

    We were all friends then, remember?

    And now you want to end his life...because he's talking to Patty on your side of the cafeteria.

    Oh, man, that's stupid. I know, 'cause that's where I wanted to be. On your side, with your crowd. But I messed up.

    See, I tried to buy my way in.

    But Kenneth... he's not trying to buy anybody.

    He's Just trying to make friends. Being himself.

    Cools, nerds, your side, my side.

    Man, it's all bull****. It's Just tough enough to be yourself.

  5. #4
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,782

    Re: Do romantic comedies spoil our love lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    You broke your arm once before, remember?

    You fell out of our tree house. Kenneth picked you up...and we carried you 12 blocks to the hospital. Yeah, you cried all the way.

    We were all friends then, remember?

    And now you want to end his life...because he's talking to Patty on your side of the cafeteria.

    Oh, man, that's stupid. I know, 'cause that's where I wanted to be. On your side, with your crowd. But I messed up.

    See, I tried to buy my way in.

    But Kenneth... he's not trying to buy anybody.

    He's Just trying to make friends. Being himself.

    Cools, nerds, your side, my side.

    Man, it's all bull****. It's Just tough enough to be yourself.
    Classic.

  6. #5
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,542

    Re: Do romantic comedies spoil our love lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    You broke your arm once before, remember?

    You fell out of our tree house. Kenneth picked you up...and we carried you 12 blocks to the hospital. Yeah, you cried all the way.

    We were all friends then, remember?

    And now you want to end his life...because he's talking to Patty on your side of the cafeteria.

    Oh, man, that's stupid. I know, 'cause that's where I wanted to be. On your side, with your crowd. But I messed up.

    See, I tried to buy my way in.

    But Kenneth... he's not trying to buy anybody.

    He's Just trying to make friends. Being himself.

    Cools, nerds, your side, my side.

    Man, it's all bull****. It's Just tough enough to be yourself.
    Man I hope you looked that up. Because if you know "Can't Buy Me Love" that well you probably thought about stalking Amanda Petersen at one point.

  7. #6
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,542

    Re: Do romantic comedies spoil our love lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    What, you mean the nerdy guy who tries really hard and makes bold declarations of undying love for the object of his affections doesn't always get the girl?

    I'm...shocked!
    Duckie, is that you?

  8. #7
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    12,356

    Re: Do romantic comedies spoil our love lives?

    I'm in trouble. The only kind of movie my wife likes is romantic comedies.

    Pay attention to the open sky

  9. #8
    Big Red Machine RedsBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Out Wayne
    Posts
    22,912

    Re: Do romantic comedies spoil our love lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    What, you mean the nerdy guy who tries really hard and makes bold declarations of undying love for the object of his affections doesn't always get the girl?
    Geez, I did.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

  10. #9
    Member VR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    8,590

    Re: Do romantic comedies spoil our love lives?

    Do romantic comedies spoil our love lives?

    As I type, my wife has me watching the 2nd half of You've Got Mail.


    I think for marrieds, it's a good thing.

    Singles, meh.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

  11. #10
    Brett William Moore Will M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Crescent Springs KY
    Posts
    3,657

    Re: Do romantic comedies spoil our love lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    As I type, my wife has me watching the 2nd half of You've Got Mail.


    I think for marrieds, it's a good thing.

    Singles, meh.
    I'd rather have bamboo shoved under my fingernails than watch the 2nd half of You've Got Mail.
    .


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25