Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lewis spars with reporter

Re: Lewis spars with reporter

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Marvin doesn't get to tell Dow what he can or can't write about. WDR is about the only interesting thing about this stupid, moribund franchise right now. Screw Marvin, he's an arrogant, condescending prick who clearly despises the fact that he's expected to deal with fans and the media.
    Yes sir!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Cincinnati NFL media is so pathetic that I don't blame Marvin for not wanting to deal with them. He treats national and out of market media with plenty of respect (he gave a very open interview to the Columbus Dispatch after last season), but reporters like Mark Curnutte, Ludwig, and then columnists like Paul Daugherty are horrid. I'm sure being a Bengals beat writer wears on you, and so that's always what I assume has happened with these guys, but guys like Curnutte clearly hate their job, and I'm sure Marvin gets tired of dealing with it.

And then add in Cincinnati sports talk radio, which is as idiotic and toxic as anywhere in the country, and I think that's why you see Marvin act the way he does. I actually think Marvin would give better press in a place like New York because he'd be talking to actual professionals.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I actually think Marvin would give better press in a place like New York because he'd be talking to actual professionals.
    But, would the reporters be?

Rem

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Marv has been trying to bully the media here since he arrived. Just now noticing?
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    But, would the reporters be?

Rem
    True, although you know I don't think Marvin is the problem. I wish the media gave Mike Brown as hard of a time as they give Marvin Lewis, but I guess that wouldn't be as easy since he's not as available.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    ... I wish the media gave Mike Brown as hard of a time as they give Marvin Lewis, but I guess that wouldn't be as easy since he's not as available.
    Yep, if Mike Brown faced the press on a weekly basis it would be much more interesting and entertaining.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 12-20-2008 at 12:22 PM.

Turn Off Ads?