Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EDDIE MURPHY will NOT play The Riddler in the next Batman movie

EDDIE MURPHY will NOT play The Riddler in the next Batman movie

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2048300.ece

FUNNYMAN EDDIE MURPHY will play The Riddler in the next Batman movie, The Sun can reveal.

The Beverly Hills Cop star, 47, has been signed up by British director CHRISTOPHER NOLAN to reprise the role played by JIM CARREY in 1995’s Batman Forever.

The surprise move follows speculation linking Pirates of the Caribbean star JOHNNY DEPP to the part.

The film, set for a 2010 release, is being developed under the working title Gotham.

Execs have also signed up rising Transformers star SHIA LABEOUF, 22, to play Robin.

CHRISTIAN BALE will return as Bruce Wayne, while MICHAEL CAINE will again play Bruce’s assistant Alfred.

Meanwhile, Brit RACHEL WEISZ is said to be up for the Catwoman role.

Insiders also revealed to The Sun the flick will end on a cliffhanger over whether Batman survives a blast at Wayne Towers.

Nolan had been tight-lipped about the future of the Batman films after being rocked by the January death of HEATH LEDGER — tipped to receive a posthumous Oscar for his role as The Joker in Batman Returns.

A film insider said: “Chris wasn’t sure if he wanted to do another movie but as soon as he decided to, he got the wheels in motion.

“Eddie’s a fantastic addition. Everyone’s excited to see what he does as the Riddler.”
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: EDDIE MURPHY will play The Riddler in the next Batman movie

Shia Labeouf...

Robin?? Eddie Murphy? Catwoman?

Come on, when you have too many 'charecters' on screen the whole movie suffers.

Robin? ugh.
    Go Gators!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I don't believe a word of it.

Nolan is on record as saying he doesn't feel Robin has a place in this Batman universe, and Eddie Murphy doesn't fit any of the casting tendencies that Nolan has shown.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

These articles are false.

Excellent.
    Go Gators!

Those moves would ruin the series
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I don't believe a word of it.

Nolan is on record as saying he doesn't feel Robin has a place in this Batman universe, and Eddie Murphy doesn't fit any of the casting tendencies that Nolan has shown.
    Big time. I can't see Eddie Murphy being able to pull off the very dark look of a Nolan film, no matter how good the editor is.

Eddie would be horrible in this role. Not to mention remember last batman when they just started bringing in stars and adding characters.............down the drain quick.

Thank God this is fake.

Given the live action movies Eddie's been in recently, I'm pretty sure his agent doesn't have access to any casting people. That should have tipped us all off.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Warner Brothers and Sony are in negotiations for a Batman/Wolverine crossover. Apparently, they already have a script, but they just can't decide whether to call it "Wolverman" or "Batverine".
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Ooh can't wait for the inevitable Superhero Brokeback love scenes between Hugh and Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Warner Brothers and Sony are in negotiations for a Batman/Wolverine crossover. Apparently, they already have a script, but they just can't decide whether to call it "Wolverman" or "Batverine".
    Isn't "Batverine" what Ben Vereen dresses up as for Halloween?
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?