Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dave Smith RIP

Dave Smith RIP

I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dave Smith RIP

I'm sorry to hear about this. He was a good reliever during much of the 80's and seems to have been a very good person.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Sad to hear about this. I thought he was way overrated as a closer but you hate hearing about someone dying so young.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I thought he was way overrated as a closer.
    I have a theory that the tradition of burials developed because so many people like to get in a little dig once a person dies.

Also a former Charleston Charlies starter. I remember seeing him pitch a gem a Watt Powell back in the day.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Sad to hear about this. I thought he was way overrated as a closer but you hate hearing about someone dying so young.
    I seem to remember him being lights-out against some very lackluster Reds teams.

He must have been doing something right, as he was the Astros career leader in relief appearances.
    /r/reds

“He’s gone. My tears are the rain,” (Tim) Flannery, the San Francisco Giants third base coach, told The Associated Press.

I think they mixed up a quote from Yoko Ono.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    I have a theory that the tradition of burials developed because so many people like to get in a little dig once a person dies.

I have a theory that burials are based in superstition.

So long Dave.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?