Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 3 minor leaguers fying under the radar you would target

3 minor leaguers fying under the radar you would target

I don't have three, or even one, but I figure the responses will be interesting, and should expand my knowledge of other teams ML systems.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 3 minor leaguers fying under the radar you would target

no, this is actually a different topic. It's easier to target three top minorleaguers, not so much three who may have fallen off the radar a bit.

well maybe the discussion is one thread. mods feel free to close this if you want, but I'm still interested in knowing other teams sleepers/guys in need of a change of scenery.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I think the other thread may have started trying to answer the question you have posed and drifted a bit. I wasn't sure if you had seen it so I posted the link. I think it is an interesting discussion this time of year. The only name that jumped to mind to me with either thread was Nelson Cruz but he was up in the bigs with Texas again at the end of the year so I don't know if he qualifies.

Jason Donald, SS, Phillies - AA

.307/.391/.497

Defense needs work, though.

1. Heath Rollins RHP-
    2. Josh Thole c- NYM
    3. Jon Still c - Bosox
    4. Tyler Flowers c -atlanta braves

I would look at Neil Musser with the Royals. He was not as good last year but his 07 season was rediculous.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=461377

Radhames Liz

Pedro Beato

I guess this tread is a better place to bring up Jack Egbert:

http://thebaseballcube.com/players/E/Jack-Egbert.shtml

1. Josh Phelps - a really under the radar 30 year old who is a potential RH half of a 1B platoon (with Danny Dorn) while Votto plays LF and Alonso develops.

2. Brent Clevlen - RH Hitting OF capable of playing RF or LF who doesn't seem to be in Detroit's plan.

3. John Jaso - LH hitting C with some pop who could split the job with Hanigan.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    2. Brent Clevlen - RH Hitting OF capable of playing RF or LF who doesn't seem to be in Detroit's plan.
    If I had to take a player off of Detroit's hands it would be Ryan Raburn...

I was perusing and noticed that I missed this thread when It was posted I guess. Anyhow let me see 3 of them huh, that's probably tough to do considering how well covered this area is here.

#1 - Ramon Troncoso - L.A. Dodgers - RHRP

Not actually a minor leaguer but he technically qualifies IIRC, he pitched only 38 innings in relief for the Dodgers last season nothing before. From what I have read about him he is flat filthy with a 92 MPH power sinker, slider & curve. His major league comp would be Fausto Carmona as they both have the sinker to not only create a very high % of groundballs but to also cause a lot of swings and misses. He's a relief pitcher with the potential to be a high leverage back of the bullpen arm or a possible starter. He's likely not available but he's ideal for GABP.

#2 - Angel Salome - Milwaukee Brewers - C

I've already named him in another thread like this previously but he still applies I think as he is still a bit under the radar to the vast majority. Also like Pablo Sandoval a great deal but he's more of a name I believe.

#3 - Ruben Tejada - Mets - SS

I really don't know if this kid is actually 18 or if he can actually play SS in the future but if he is and can my goodness what a bat for an 18 year old.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?