Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fay discusses Valaika and Frazier

Re: Fay discusses Valaika and Frazier

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    So Doug, the ultimate question, would you welcome him to the reds?
    He sounds like a nice player,would the Dodgers be willing to trade him? What would it take to get it done?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Certainly between Furcal, Hu and DeJesus, the Dodgers would seem to have a SS to deal.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I like how Walt's addressing things this off-season. Catcher's done. Left Field could be EE if they find a 3rd Baseman instead. Taking a serious look at SS and not counting on Gonzalez at all while understanding that range at shortstop is imperative to giving a pitching staff confidence.
    Trade some pitching prospects for Atkins and his 100 RBI bat to play in another hitter's park. EE to left, or vise versa. Low cost except for maybe the young pitchers the Rocks would want.

You read that scouting report on Frazier, and when you actually see him play, you see the same thing, and you wonder why they are wasting time by continuing to play him at shortstop. Frazier is an outstanding prospect but he is not a shortstop. At this point, many are saying he is about a year (or a little more than a year) from reaching the big leagues and if that is the case, he will playing a position in the majors that he has very little experience playing. So I hope they put him where they think he is going to play and let him learn to play that position. If he is in the starting lineup at shortstop on April 9th (with whatever team), I will be shaking my head.

Turn Off Ads?