Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Surprise player of the year

Suprise : Scott Williamson

Disappointment: Sean Casey

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Surprise (but not to me): Acevedo: I've pimped this guy from the first time I saw him. If he throws strikes, he'll win 15.

Disappointment: Dunn. He's got A LOT of work to do. My hat will be off if he can approach his 2nd half/2001 numbers. I'm not saying the guy is a mirage, but I've rarely seen a half season as bad as Dunn's 2nd half 2002 (except maybe A. Boone's first half/2002 ) . He was flat-out painful to watch. Though I don't think it should happen, the idiot FO will probably send Dunn down to AAA at some point this season to "get his stroke back."

On a somewhat unrelated note, I wouldn't mind seeing a little more enthusiasm/fire from Adam.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Joe Oliver
    Surprise - Kelly Stinnett has a break out year

Disappointment - Theprevious surprise prediction is impossible

Originally posted by Falls City Beer

Disappointment: Dunn. He's got A LOT of work to do. My hat will be off if he can approach his 2nd half/2001 numbers. I'm not saying the guy is a mirage, but I've rarely seen a half season as bad as Dunn's 2nd half 2002 (except maybe A. Boone's first half/2002 ) . He was flat-out painful to watch. Though I don't think it should happen, the idiot FO will probably send Dunn down to AAA at some point this season to "get his stroke back."

One major reason to be optimistic about Dunn is that, slump aside, he still walked 50 times in the second half of 2002. I'd be alot more worried about him if his walk numbers fell off the face of the Earth.

The hardest thing for a young player to learn is not to hack at everything, especially when in a slump.

Originally posted by ForLoveOfTheGame
    My prediction for Casey this year is .325 30hr and 110 rbi. Those numbers are not far off his numbers in '99, and are within reach of a healthy Casey who is entering his prime.

If Casey reaches those numbers, I'll run around the GAB (which means I'll drive the 9 hours to get there) in my boxers while singing "Sometimes it's hard to be a woman".

PSR

Originally posted by Raisor
    If Casey reaches those numbers, I'll run around the GAB (which means I'll drive the 9 hours to get there) in my boxers while singing "Sometimes it's hard to be a woman".

PSR

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe we have this year's version of the Falls City first-born challenge.

:hat:
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Mods, can we archive this thread please?

Of course we will require pictures posted on Redszone as proof of your celebration/coming out party
    "Haven't you ever loved something that much?"

Originally posted by ForLoveOfTheGame
    Of course we will require pictures posted on Redszone as proof of your celebration/coming out party

For some reason, I'm not all that worried.

Every year we hear that Casey is going to wind up putting up numbers better then 99, and every year Casey doesn't.

At this point, I'd be THRILLED if he could just become an average 1B again, and OPS around 815 or so.

Surprise - Dempster's 200+ IP, 200K, and 3.50 ERA.

Disappointment - Aaron Boone, who plays so badly that his father is forced to bench him in favor of Larson.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

In order for that to happen Johnny, Aaron would have to go hitless for three months straight. Even then, if he got a bunt single his dad would claim he was ready to bust out and move him up in the order. Besides, he'd probably call up Matt to play third and keep Larson benched.

Turn Off Ads?