14 17.50%
  • Other (please explain)

8 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Choose two outfielders for the Reds

Re: Choose two outfielders for the Reds

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    The increased power is a fair advantage. However, will Hermida hit well enough for a corner OF? That is my concern. Bruce only OPS about 770 last season. I hope that improves, but putting two young, potentially offensively challenged corner OF in the lineup next year isn't going to help the anemic offense.
    Hermida's 2007 is indicative of what he's capable of doing. .296/.369/.501/OPS+125

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Walt would be hated on Redszone for not giving folks a legitimate reason to be angry at him.

I've got Walt's back for a while. He did some loopy things with the Cardinals that seemed to work out well, sometimes in the face of all evidence to the contrary at the time they were done.

He knows what he's doing and has built a championship ballclub. That's something the last few dudes around here can't put on their resume.

Even if he signs Taveras or Rivera, I'll still be a Walt supporter -- though I'll remain puzzled as to exactly what his plan is.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar

Looks like the Reds may be about to sign Willy Taveras, who only has 3 votes in this poll. Man, Walt really has to start reading RedsZone more.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Looks like the Reds may be about to sign Willy Taveras, who only has 3 votes in this poll. Man, Walt really has to start reading RedsZone more.
    link?

No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hippie07 View Post
    link?
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73223

According to Fay, Walt has "an offer out" to Taveras.

Edit: Or, rather, he is "believed to have an offer out." Not exactly a smoking gun... but I still have a feeling that WT is going to be a Red in 2009.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

[url].... I still have a feeling that WT is going to be a Red in 2009.
    I've got that same feeling and it's got me looking for my Zantac.

Rem

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73223

According to Fay, Walt has "an offer out" to Taveras.

Edit: Or, rather, he is "believed to have an offer out." Not exactly a smoking gun... but I still have a feeling that WT is going to be a Red in 2009.
    oh ok, i'd read that article, but for some reason "close to signing" caused me to go into a panic-induced rage... i can live w/ "believed to have an offer out" even tho its not good news, by any means

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    The increased power is a fair advantage. However, will Hermida hit well enough for a corner OF? That is my concern. Bruce only OPS about 770 last season. I hope that improves, but putting two young, potentially offensively challenged corner OF in the lineup next year isn't going to help the anemic offense.

At SS, CF, C it's easier to accept an OBP challenged guy.

But thanks for explaining your reasoning. I appreciate the feedback, as I was puzzled why Heredia was such an overwhleming favorite.
    I don't think there is any question he will hit well enough for it. Just go take a look at his Road #'s? He is killing the ball outside of the gargantuan joint he's currently playing in. His power just doesn't play well there, putting him in the exact opposite type of park could pay massive dividends.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?