Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Juan Rivera Close to Re-Signing with Angels

Juan Rivera Close to Re-Signing with Angels

according to MLBTR:

Angels Close To Re-Signing Juan Rivera
    By Tim Dierkes [December 18 at 10:37pm CST]
    According to Yahoo's Tim Brown, the Angels are nearing a three-year agreement with free agent outfielder Juan Rivera.

Brown says the Halos are pursuing other free agents as well and operating as if Mark Teixeira will sign with the Red Sox. GM Tony Reagins has talked to the agents for Bobby Abreu, Pat Burrell, and Adam Dunn, but not Milton Bradley. The Angels may also sign a closer, and Brian Fuentes makes sense.

Oh well, I'm sure Walt will find someone...
    "Six outs to a full inning. In a major league game, you're going to play 8 or 9 innings. That is never going to change. The money changes. People change. But the game itself is never going to change. The people who designed this thing are brilliant."-Jamie Moyer

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Juan Rivera Close to Re-Signing with Angels

I was hoping we could sign him. I think he would make a good 4th OF.

Boston said they will not be factors in Teix. They said they were outbid. Believed to be down to the Nationals and the Angels so I wouldnt write off Rivera yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

got alil captain in u?

Would of been a good pickup for us. If I'm walt I now fcus my attention to balldelli.

RotoHester

FRIDAY, 1:49pm: ESPN's Jerry Crasnick says Rivera has agreed to a three-year contract with the Angels. Three years seems excessive, but we don't know the money yet. Does this take the Halos out of the mix for Manny Ramirez?

2:44pm: The AP reports Rivera's three-year deal is worth $12.75MM. It might turn out OK if Rivera is able to hit .300 to push his OBP to an acceptable range.
    Last edited by wojo1025; 12-19-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Turn Off Ads?