Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Take a chance on Bobby Crosby?

Take a chance on Bobby Crosby?

I know that when you look up BUST in the dictionary, you see a picture of Bobby Crosby, however I still think he would be worth picking up.

He's still only 27, he's still a solid fielder, and he could definitly benefit from the move over to the NL...

I just saw on mlbtraderumors that the A's waived him, and he'd cost 5.3 million to sign.

Any thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Take a chance on Bobby Crosby?

Eww, dude probably can't get to first base with his wife let alone on the baseball diamond.

Career 306 OPB is too Patterson like for me.

Janish > Crosby and I dont like Janish as anything more than a backup

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Not for 5.3 mil. No way.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Not for 5.3 mil. No way.
    This is getting depressing. We started out thinking about players like Magglio Ordonez and Jermaine Dye...even dared to dream about Matt Holiday and CC Sabathia. Now we're down to Bobby Crosby and Willy Taveras. Are the Reds ever going to do anything, or are we just fooling ourselves?

I would be all for Taveras if he was out of the hands of Dusty, start him in CF see if he looks like he can repeat something close to his 06', 07' performance...if not he is a valuable backup/pinch runner. The problem is you know Dusty runs him outta there every day. But even then, his career .333ish OBP puts him fourth on last years squad of players who played over 100 games, I am not in favor of him, but don't think he would be as bad as everyone thinks.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roby View Post
    This is getting depressing. We started out thinking about players like Magglio Ordonez and Jermaine Dye...even dared to dream about Matt Holiday and CC Sabathia. Now we're down to Bobby Crosby and Willy Taveras. Are the Reds ever going to do anything, or are we just fooling ourselves?
    I'm beginning to wonder a bit myself. If the biggest acquistion of the off-season is Ramon Hernandez followed closely by The Laynce Nix Experience, it will be tough to conjure up excitement about the coming season.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

The offseason isn't over and there are still some big names available. If nothing more has been done by opening day then yeah there's a problem. A big problem. But this offseason is a little different compared to the past ones. For one thing, it's definitely slower. Dye will probably still be dealt to someone, there's still alot of FA's available, and there's always other options. I haven't lost my confidence in Walt to acquire the bat we need yet.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    The offseason isn't over and there are still some big names available. If nothing more has been done by opening day then yeah there's a problem. A big problem. But this offseason is a little different compared to the past ones. For one thing, it's definitely slower. Dye will probably still be dealt to someone, there's still alot of FA's available, and there's always other options. I haven't lost my confidence in Walt to acquire the bat we need yet.
    Hope you're right. But, I'm beginning to wonder.

If the biggest acquistion of the off-season is Ramon Hernandez followed closely by The Laynce Nix Experience, it will be tough to conjure up excitement about the coming season.
    "The Laynce Nix Experience"
    Funny.

Blast from the past! Bobby Crosbys father, Ed Crosby got 52 AB's as a Reds SS in 1973 after being acquired in a trade with St. Louis after Dave Concepcion broke his ankle. Interesting trivia - he was traded for another future MLB players father in RP Ed Sprague.

I'm beginning to wonder a bit myself. If the biggest acquistion of the off-season is Ramon Hernandez followed closely by The Laynce Nix Experience, it will be tough to conjure up excitement about the coming season.
    On a positive note, even though we havent made any moves we havent made any bad moves to cramp ourselves in future years.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I dont think Dye is going to be dealt, Ozzie came out and said he better be in his lineup for 09 and the Oz is still riding his world series wave in the south side

Turn Off Ads?