Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bengals considering a GM?

Re: Bengals considering a GM?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Would I give Mike Brown thousands of my hard earned dollars, however? Hell no.
    Unfortunately, thanks to Bob Bedinghaus (how is that guy not in jail?) all of us that shop in Hamilton County already do.

I'm actually very sympathetic to the view that the "NFL Experience" is fun even if the team isn't very good. Particularly when the weather is nice, going down to Longworth Hall and tailgating with friends is a blast. But my enjoyment generally ends the second I walk into the stadium. So this season I gave up my season tickets and plan to go tailgate the first game or two of the season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Unfortunately, thanks to Bob Bedinghaus (how is that guy not in jail?) all of us that shop in Hamilton County already do.

I'm actually very sympathetic to the view that the "NFL Experience" is fun even if the team isn't very good. Particularly when the weather is nice, going down to Longworth Hall and tailgating with friends is a blast. But my enjoyment generally ends the second I walk into the stadium. So this season I gave up my season tickets and plan to go tailgate the first game or two of the season.
    I had season tickets, but I didn't renew. Perhaps it's just me, but putting up with loud mouth annoying drunks (who are loaded by the time the game starts) gets annoying really quick. I have seen more fights at PBS than I care to remember. A friend of mine had a knife pulled on her over in Lot D by some idiot. Honestly, I'd think twice about taking any kids to an NFL game these days.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

I take my kids to pre-season games all the time. Nicer crowd. Less Rowdy.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Perhaps it's just me, but putting up with loud mouth annoying drunks (who are loaded by the time the game starts) gets annoying really quick. I have seen more fights at PBS than I care to remember. A friend of mine had a knife pulled on her over in Lot D by some idiot. Honestly, I'd think twice about taking any kids to an NFL game these days.
    I was fortunate to have tickets in a relatively sedate section, but I gave my tickets for the Jaguars game to my girlfriend and her friend, who narrowly avoided a barf bomb from some inebriate a few rows back.

Unfortunately the Bengals games seem to really coax out the white trash element.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    I was fortunate to have tickets in a relatively sedate section, but I gave my tickets for the Jaguars game to my girlfriend and her friend, who narrowly avoided a barf bomb from some inebriate a few rows back.

Unfortunately the Bengals games seem to really coax out the white trash element.
    I used to work for a company that had 12 season tickets. I've been to plenty preseason and meaningless Nov/Dec games. I remember one preseason game a few years back, an obviously drunk guy was explaining rather loudly nudie bar "etiquette" to the novices. LOL
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

Turn Off Ads?