Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Fisher: "Wha Happened??"

Jeff Fisher: "Wha Happened??"

How do you not kick the 49 yard field goal????

Your kicker has kicked one from 60 yards in his career...

he is 4 for 4 on the day...

wow that is bad coaching.

Last edited by WMR; 12-14-2008 at 05:36 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

Re: Jeff Fisher: "Wha Happened??"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

That one certainly baffled me as well.
    Side note: With Shaub and Slaton, I cant imagine too many teams in playoff hunt wanting to face texans right now. They are a team on the rise.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    That one certainly baffled me as well.
    Side note: With Shaub and Slaton, I cant imagine too many teams in playoff hunt wanting to face texans right now. They are a team on the rise.
    Andre Johnson will be the best WR in football the next several years. Their TE Owen Daniels is no slouch, either.

That offense might be scary next year.

The Texans have been a team on the rise for a few years now, so I will believe it when I see it.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

I'm one of those rare non-Titans fans around here, so I wasn't displeased to see them lose, but I bet they don't make that call if they weren't sitting on a two-game lead in the AFC at the time.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

They are a candidate to get knocked out early in the playoffs. That offense is about exciting as Pittsburgh's.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

The only reason you could give would be the wind. Would he have been kicking agianst that much of a wind? If it wasn't an all out gale force wind then I would say a very poor decision.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

If Collins makes a decent throw, it's a TD and they win.

Fisher said the decision he regretted was not taking the wind in the fourth quarter instead of the third. Fisher said he knew the kicker's range precisely and "it was not within his range.''
    Link

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    Fisher said the decision he regretted was not taking the wind in the fourth quarter instead of the third. Fisher said he knew the kicker's range precisely and "it was not within his range.''
    Yeah, in his press conference Jeff Fisher said that he had been watching Bironas kick before the game and he was consistently missing from that distance toward that end of the field. Fisher got more specific, saying it was at least "5 yards" out of his range.

Also, good point on the Collins incompletion, HBP. He had a guy open, and while it was a tough pass to complete, he should've connected. If he does and leads him in stride, it's an easy 6. Next week's game against Pittsburgh should be an interesting one, defensively anyway. I'm gonna go ahead and predict a final score of 5-2 (Steelers with a last second field goal to win it ).

VandenBosch(sp?) and Haynesworth both out for the regular season so that hurts big time.

I don't think Tenn could beat Pittsburgh right now with them but without them they are really up against it. I can see Pitt completely shutting down the run and terrorizing Collins.

Pittsburgh might be flat after a big emotional(and physical) game vs Baltimore but I wouldn't bet against that team right now.

The Steelers game will be very interesting. If the Titans lose, I also think they'll go on to lose vs. the Colts the next week. Going from 10-0 to 12-4 entering the playoffs will be quite the disappointment even though they get the 1st round bye.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

The Steelers never play well in Tenn. Fisher is a hell of a coach and as much as it pains me to say, knows how to beat them.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

The best team in football just keeps getting it done despite no respect from anyone. That's the way we like it anyway. 6 Pro Bowl selections, 13-2 record so far, the best coach in football, the best defense in football, and you never hear much about them nationally. I love it.

I also love how people that don't watch them play are so good at commenting on their ability.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post

The best team in football just keeps getting it done despite no respect from anyone. That's the way we like it anyway. 6 Pro Bowl selections, 13-2 record so far, the best coach in football, the best defense in football, and you never hear much about them nationally. I love it.

I also love how people that don't watch them play are so good at commenting on their ability.
    I like Fisher but to call him the best coach in football is a stretch, top five i will give you though.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I like Fisher but to call him the best coach in football is a stretch, top five i will give you though.
    The best and it's not really even close.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?