Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classic Cars

Re: Classic Cars

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    My friend's dad collected Corvair's, he must have had 20 of those things.
    Despite Ralph Nader's nadir of contempt (OK, OK pun intended ) for the Corvair, his book was based upon the '61-'63 models which, admitedly, did have serious flaws. Those cars also had some advanced ideas that allowed them to use less gas and, once the steering problem was correced, to handle very nicely. My parents had a '64 Covair that I drove when I was home in the summer from college (it was the 'boxy' body style). When I graduated from college ('68) I bought a used '65 convertible in the new body style and, actually, it was a pretty cool car. Chevrolet had corrected most of the problems with the car and most of the 'babes' liked the look---very important when you're 21---especially with the top down.

Next car was a '69 Mustang convertible. Except for the period from the late '70's until, umm, about the late '80's, when no one was building convertibles, a 'ragtop' has alwas been my choice of ride. Living in SoCal for the last 30 years has helped make that a very easy choice.

Rem

2. Turn Off Ads?

Here's a few pix of funny cars

and finally, as Luis Tiant would say... "A Weiner!"

Wally, that's Jim Edmonds' car

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Haunted by walks

My father had a Corvair station wagon.

RFS62 - the truth can be so... hilarious!!

My dad still owns his 1967 327 Camaro he had custom made over forty years ago. It is a white convertible with a black top and four on the floor. He passed the car loving gene on to my daughter. She loves classic cars.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

My friend's dad owns this car.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    My father had a Corvair station wagon.
    I have a friend that still has a Corvair van.

My first car was a '69 Chevy Impala.

But my favorites were....

"panic" only comes from having real expectations

not really classic at the moment, but since they not longer make the Trans Am this should be in about 10-15. This is my current daily.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Stephenk29; 01-19-2009 at 04:01 AM.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    not really classic at the moment, but since they not longer make the Trans Am this should be in about 10-15. This is my current daily.

[IMG][/IMG]
    My daughter recently sold her 1997 Firebird which was about the same color. I believe it was called a cayenne red. She now owns a white 2004 350Z.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    My daughter recently sold her 1997 Firebird which was about the same color. I believe it was called a cayenne red. She now owns a white 2004 350Z.
    This is Sunset Orange Metallic, I love it because it seems to change colors in different light. Not really "Chamellion (sp?)" though, which is why it kinda appears red in the picture.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    This is Sunset Orange Metallic, I love it because it seems to change colors in different light. Not really "Chamellion (sp?)" though, which is why it kinda appears red in the picture.
    Oh, I told her about your car and she got excited. She vows to one day own a Trans Am.

Here's my first ride.........does it count?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have a 1974 Cuda with 360 engine. Automatic with the original engine...tranny....windows...8 Track Tape player. Problem is....i am the third owner and the 2nd one decided to be...stupid? and paint it a reddish...burgundy color. A color not of that year or any other year from 70 to 74. If you have these older cars....you would rather not have an engine....than have to redo the body or repaint the car. It costs more to do so. Plus the rust in some areas....that would make it more expensive to fix.

It is a daily driver.....and it looks in good condition....but the experts would look at it closely and say that it's more closer to average than good.

I wish i could restore it to the original Yellow Blaze (It has the black racing stripe and vinyl top)....but i do not have that type of money at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I have a 1974 Cuda with 360 engine. Automatic with the original engine...tranny....windows...8 Track Tape player. Problem is....i am the third owner and the 2nd one decided to be...stupid? and paint it a reddish...burgundy color. A color not of that year or any other year from 70 to 74. If you have these older cars....you would rather not have an engine....than have to redo the body or repaint the car. It costs more to do so. Plus the rust in some areas....that would make it more expensive to fix.

It is a daily driver.....and it looks in good condition....but the experts would look at it closely and say that it's more closer to average than good.

I wish i could restore it to the original Yellow Blaze (It has the black racing stripe and vinyl top)....but i do not have that type of money at this time.
    Changing the original color crippled its historic value (according to the experts). Thats an awesome car to have though!

- Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?