Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Classic Cars

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,066

    Re: Classic Cars

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    My friend's dad collected Corvair's, he must have had 20 of those things.
    Despite Ralph Nader's nadir of contempt (OK, OK pun intended ) for the Corvair, his book was based upon the '61-'63 models which, admitedly, did have serious flaws. Those cars also had some advanced ideas that allowed them to use less gas and, once the steering problem was correced, to handle very nicely. My parents had a '64 Covair that I drove when I was home in the summer from college (it was the 'boxy' body style). When I graduated from college ('68) I bought a used '65 convertible in the new body style and, actually, it was a pretty cool car. Chevrolet had corrected most of the problems with the car and most of the 'babes' liked the look---very important when you're 21---especially with the top down.

    Next car was a '69 Mustang convertible. Except for the period from the late '70's until, umm, about the late '80's, when no one was building convertibles, a 'ragtop' has alwas been my choice of ride. Living in SoCal for the last 30 years has helped make that a very easy choice.

    Rem

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member wally post's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    1,124

    Re: Classic Cars

    Here's a few pix of funny cars






    and finally, as Luis Tiant would say... "A Weiner!"


  4. #18
    Hey Cubs Fans RFS62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,599

    Re: Classic Cars

    Wally, that's Jim Edmonds' car


    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

  5. #19
    Haunted by walks
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Syracuse
    Posts
    6,732

    Re: Classic Cars

    My father had a Corvair station wagon.

  6. #20
    Member wally post's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    1,124

    Re: Classic Cars

    RFS62 - the truth can be so... hilarious!!

  7. #21
    Member Spitball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    5,627

    Re: Classic Cars

    My dad still owns his 1967 327 Camaro he had custom made over forty years ago. It is a white convertible with a black top and four on the floor. He passed the car loving gene on to my daughter. She loves classic cars.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

  8. #22
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,329

    Re: Classic Cars

    My friend's dad owns this car.

  9. #23
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,687

    Re: Classic Cars

    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    My father had a Corvair station wagon.
    I have a friend that still has a Corvair van.

    My first car was a '69 Chevy Impala.

    But my favorites were....



    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  10. #24
    Member Stephenk29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    710

    Re: Classic Cars

    not really classic at the moment, but since they not longer make the Trans Am this should be in about 10-15. This is my current daily.

    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Stephenk29; 01-19-2009 at 04:01 AM.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

    - Joe Posnanski

  11. #25
    Member Spitball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    5,627

    Re: Classic Cars

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    not really classic at the moment, but since they not longer make the Trans Am this should be in about 10-15. This is my current daily.

    [IMG][/IMG]
    My daughter recently sold her 1997 Firebird which was about the same color. I believe it was called a cayenne red. She now owns a white 2004 350Z.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

  12. #26
    Member Stephenk29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    710

    Re: Classic Cars

    Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    My daughter recently sold her 1997 Firebird which was about the same color. I believe it was called a cayenne red. She now owns a white 2004 350Z.
    This is Sunset Orange Metallic, I love it because it seems to change colors in different light. Not really "Chamellion (sp?)" though, which is why it kinda appears red in the picture.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

    - Joe Posnanski

  13. #27
    Member Spitball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    5,627

    Re: Classic Cars

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    This is Sunset Orange Metallic, I love it because it seems to change colors in different light. Not really "Chamellion (sp?)" though, which is why it kinda appears red in the picture.
    Oh, I told her about your car and she got excited. She vows to one day own a Trans Am.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

  14. #28
    Member hebroncougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,229

    Re: Classic Cars

    Here's my first ride.........does it count?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  15. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    6,057

    Re: Classic Cars

    I have a 1974 Cuda with 360 engine. Automatic with the original engine...tranny....windows...8 Track Tape player. Problem is....i am the third owner and the 2nd one decided to be...stupid? and paint it a reddish...burgundy color. A color not of that year or any other year from 70 to 74. If you have these older cars....you would rather not have an engine....than have to redo the body or repaint the car. It costs more to do so. Plus the rust in some areas....that would make it more expensive to fix.

    It is a daily driver.....and it looks in good condition....but the experts would look at it closely and say that it's more closer to average than good.

    I wish i could restore it to the original Yellow Blaze (It has the black racing stripe and vinyl top)....but i do not have that type of money at this time.

  16. #30
    Member Stephenk29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    710

    Re: Classic Cars

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I have a 1974 Cuda with 360 engine. Automatic with the original engine...tranny....windows...8 Track Tape player. Problem is....i am the third owner and the 2nd one decided to be...stupid? and paint it a reddish...burgundy color. A color not of that year or any other year from 70 to 74. If you have these older cars....you would rather not have an engine....than have to redo the body or repaint the car. It costs more to do so. Plus the rust in some areas....that would make it more expensive to fix.

    It is a daily driver.....and it looks in good condition....but the experts would look at it closely and say that it's more closer to average than good.

    I wish i could restore it to the original Yellow Blaze (It has the black racing stripe and vinyl top)....but i do not have that type of money at this time.
    Changing the original color crippled its historic value (according to the experts). Thats an awesome car to have though!
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

    - Joe Posnanski


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25