I have a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire. The first problem occurred a few months back when my digital odometer went out. It has never come back on. I had to take my car to a mechanic to get new brake pads and I mentioned this to him and he said he would have to take the whole dash out to get in there to see the problem. I was in a hurry to get my car back and figured "taking the whole dash out" would mean a bunch of money.

I haven't taken this back to get fixed b/c it sounds costly. Anyone have an idea of how much I'd be looking at?

I just noticed the second problem this morning. I have the daylight running lamps, which come on when I put the car in reverse or drive. This morning, the icon came on and then flashed a few times (and made a sound, like when you're turn signal is being used) and then went away and the "service" icon came on my dashboard.

I looked in my driver's manual and it says, "a flashing DRL light indicates a possible burned-out headlamp, or that the vehicle may need service to repair a stuck DRL relay."

Does anyone know how to know which one it is? And if it's a stuck DRL relay, how much would that be?