Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Standings for draft purposes

Standings for draft purposes

Add what you like but I wanna track the top 5-6 teams who have a chance to still draft ahead of the Bengals. And a guess at the corresponding player they might pick if it stays the same.

Coming into today's games.

#1 - Detroit (0-13)
    #2 - Cincy (1-11-1)
    #3 - K.C. (2-11)
    #4 - Seattle (2-11)
    #5 - St. Louis (2-11)
    #6 - Oakland (3-10)
    #7 - Cleveland (4-9)

After Today's games.

#1 - Detroit (0-14) Matt Stafford QB
    #2 - St. Louis (2-12) Andre Smith OT
    #3 - K.C. (2-12) Malcolm Jenkins CB/S or Trade Down
    #4 - Cincy (2-11-1) Rey Maualuga LB
    #5 - Seattle (3-11) Chris Wells RB
    #6 - Oakland (3-11) Michael Crabtree WR
    #7 - Cleveland (Has not played yet) If they win they are eliminated from this conversation.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Standings for draft purposes

Mike Brown has to love dropping out of the top two, I am sure he is praying they win out so it will cost him less money when he drafts a running back or wide reciever with that draft pick.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I hate everything about Mike Brown.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Oher is tackle prospect 1a. If they can't get Smith you take Oher, or vice versa.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I hate everything about Mike Brown.
    You and me share similar feelings when it comes to Mike Brown.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I'm not on the Rey Maualuga bandwagon.

He has great potential, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't make any sense to draft linebackers when we can't even win a battle in the trenches. Maualuga does nothing to help with that.

The last thing this team needs right now is linebackers, or for that matter any defensive player not on the front line.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

We'll take Oher at 4 unless he grades out terribly at pre-draft combines and camps. If we fall any farther, (it is not out of the realm of possibilities that we win our final 2 games vs. a Dorsey-led CLE and KC at PBS) it'd be Wells or Mauluga.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Can Michael Crabtree even be drafted? If I'm not mistaken he is a sophomore and I thought you had to be at least a junior.

Quote Originally Posted by Emin3mShady07 View Post
    Can Michael Crabtree even be drafted? If I'm not mistaken he is a sophomore and I thought you had to be at least a junior.
    Redshirt sophmores can be drafted.
    Go Gators!

I'm sorry but they need lineman. They need lineman bad. So i wonder which rb/wr/lb/db they'll take.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I'm sorry but they need lineman. They need lineman bad. So i wonder which rb/wr/lb/db they'll take.
    The 2 mock drafts I've seen thus far have the Mike Brungles taking Beanie Wells or Jeremy Maclin. Wells, I could almost live with because he's damn good, but Maclin makes less than no sense. I've seen Maclin play a lot because my wife's family is from Mizzou. He's fast and explosive. He's basically Teddy Ginn Jr. all over again.

They need guys in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Difference makers. It's so simple, yet Mikey boy doesn't get it and never will.

P.S. - I still hate him.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    We'll take Oher at 4 unless he grades out terribly at pre-draft combines and camps. If we fall any farther, (it is not out of the realm of possibilities that we win our final 2 games vs. a Dorsey-led CLE and KC at PBS) it'd be Wells or Mauluga.
    I look for us to pick likely in the 5-6-7 range. Odds are likely we will win out against Cleveland and KC. That being said, I look for Oher and possibly Smith to be gone if the above happens. St Louis and Kansas City both need O-Line help.

If we do fall, I wouldn't mind seeing us take either Eugene Monroe or Michael Johnson.

And I do believe Knowshon Moreno will be better than Beanie Wells.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Rey Maualuga.

When you get an opportunity to take a presence like Maualuga you just do it. Unless of course Andre Smith is still ava. for us and we don't re-sign Andrews. Personally I'd rather re-sign Andrews he's a known commodity to an extent. Ya never know for sure how these guys will do when they turn pro.

Maualuga Scouting Report

1's and 2's are good on scouting reports, 3's, 4's & 5's not so much.

But if they do re-sign Andrews the line is fine.

LT - Jones (Collins waiting in the wings)
    LG - Whitworth
    C - This is a question mark IMO but Smith ain't a center.
    RG - Bobbie Williams
    RT - Andrews

Where in the world would Smith play assuming that happens? And BTW according to his scouting report he's a very, very good LT but not quite elite with regards to his pass blocking.

Top 40 underclassmen prospects: Offense

Offensive line
    Andre Smith, OT, Alabama (6-4⅞, 341) | Grade: 98
    Biggest asset: Overpowering at the point of attack
    Biggest concern: Mirror-and-slide skills are good for size but not elite
    Oher scouting Report
    Oher is also a good prospect but not worthy of a top 5 pick IMO.

Monroe Scouting Report
    Monroe is too risky from a medical standpoint for top 5 money.

Michael Johnson Scouting Report
    Michael Johnson is good but again not top 5 too many doubts for my liking.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 12-15-2008 at 11:29 AM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

When you get an opportunity to take a presence like Maualuga you just do it. Unless of course Andre Smith is still ava. for us and we don't re-sign Andrews. Personally I'd rather re-sign Andrews he's a known commodity to an extent. Ya never know for sure how these guys will do when they turn pro.
    The Detroit Lions did this with Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, and Mike Williams at wideout. Needless to say, they are going to most likely be making the first pick in the draft.

As for known commodities, offensive linemen are the safest picks you can make in the NFL draft. Not the flashiest, but a definite necessity for any successful team.

I'm just throwing this out there, but with the character antics of Chad Johnson growing a bit stale and TJ refusing to discuss a contract extension, would anybody be opposed to taking Michael Crabtree? My biggest issue is that I see a lot of Peter Warrick in him potentially. Not so much the character as much as productivity.

Turn Off Ads?