Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mangini fired

Re: Mangini fired

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Wow, Shanahan's out, too.
    And yet the Bills keep Jauron. Football's weird.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I think Mangini wasn't so much fired as he was Favre'd.
    Bingo.

He interviewed with Cleveland today

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Bingo.

He interviewed with Cleveland today
    Huh, I thought they were going to hire a GM first. I guess get him before someone else does.

i was kinda surprised mangini got fired. but, he stuck his neck out when he went after favre, and to have pennington wind up in miami and, they win the division, that might have had something to do with it.

As a Jets fan I am glad to see Mangini get the axe. I couldn't stand the super-conservative play calling and inability to make in-game adjustments. If I were a Bengals fan I wouldn't want him near my team.

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Wow, Shanahan's out, too.
    Freeing him up to reclaim the Raiders job.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

He didn't stick his neck out to go get Favre- the GM did, yet the GM (Tannebaum?) keeps his job, and the coach loses his.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyredsone View Post
    i was kinda surprised mangini got fired. but, he stuck his neck out when he went after favre, and to have pennington wind up in miami and, they win the division, that might have had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    He didn't stick his neck out to go get Favre- the GM did, yet the GM (Tannebaum?) keeps his job, and the coach loses his.
    I don't think Tanny wanted Favre, either. It was Woody Johnson who wanted Favre to help sell the PSLs.

Mangini was definatly a Favre backer. He even gave his most recent kid the middle name Brett in honor of #4.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red View Post
    Huh, I thought they were going to hire a GM first. I guess get him before someone else does.
    The word in Boston is that they're going after Scott Pioli for GM pretty hard, and he probably knows already if he wants Mangini as HC without having to interview him now.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Mangini was definatly a Favre backer. He even gave his most recent kid the middle name Brett in honor of #4.
    Mangini may have appreciated Favre from a far, unfortunately once he started playing for the Jets that relationship quickly turned sour. Lot of behind the scenes stuff is starting to come out about the relationship and I am sure we will get more details soon.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

So where is Shanahan going? Would love to have him too.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Jerry Jones and Shanahan have a pretty good relationship I can see that marriage working for at least a couple of years.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Maybe then the Bengals could learn how to take out other teams DLs with questionable cut blocks.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Jerry Jones and Shanahan have a pretty good relationship I can see that marriage working for at least a couple of years.

Hmmm, that's interesting. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Jones go after Shanahan. But wait, he said his coaching staff was in place and they'd all be coming back. I could see the fickle Jones doing a complete 180 now that Shanahan is available.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?