Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve

Any big plans out there? Me, absolutely nothing. In my 40+ years, I think I've actually done something only a handful of times. The craziest was in Vegas. It was a blast, but that was a one time thing. I prefer Vegas in the spring/summer months.

Anyway, it will probably be another night of Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve, or whatever its called Aren't you jealous?

As far as resolutions are concerned, I really need to get back on the treadmill. Mine finally broke down last month and I haven't gotten around to getting a new one yet. My parents said I could have theirs (which is like brand new), I just need to rent a truck to pick it up. I just moved into a new house last month, so renting a truck is just not something I'm looking forward to doing again

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: New Year's Eve

My party- next door with the neighbors and their kids. Home by 12:02am.
    Resolutions:

All grain brewing
    Starting the Winter swimming program before Spring
    Vegetable garden
    Finish the deck repairs
    Fish more with my boy
    Golf more with my dad
    See more of my friends
    Etc.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quality time with the DVD player, and flip the tv on just in time to see the ball drop. Then as soon as that ball drops, I will no longer be in my 30s.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Be in bed asleep by 10pm.

I am partying at the house with some friends. Getting a ride to a bar about a mile down the road then will "walk" home. (same routine as last year)

2009 - I will no longer sweat the small stuff.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Going to a party in the French Qtr ... at someone's apartment on Royal St.

Then New Year's Day, another round of Christmas. And on Fri night, a Celtic music concert at Deutches Haus in New Orleans. Then, I crash over the weekend.

In bed by 10ish.

New Years Eve is amateur hour and we rarely do anything. Occasionally we'll go to a friends house, but we never step foot out in a public bar/club.

Meal with friends at a Restaraunt until 10pm - home with the kids and my parents.

I don't resolute. I have a "honey-do" list.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

My 15 yr. old daughter is having kids over. We always encourage our kids to have friends over and be the party house. They get the basement (finished) that has a pool table, foosball table, cable TV, DVD player, PS3, karaoke box, etc. etc.

So the spousal unit and I will get DVDs, hang out upstairs, fix food for them and us, keep an eye on things, and generally hang out.

No resolutions. 2008 wasn't the best year of my life, so I'm just hoping for some peace.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I'm planning on spending the evening at home...there are just way too many idiots out that night.

Retired

Not doing anything, just another day.

Tickets to a hockey game (Flames) against the provincial rival Oilers. Otherwise I don't really care about New Years.

Dinner with a couple friends, then we're heading home to party a little. Waking up at 6AM and heading to Dayton to jump on a flight to Miami to watch the Bearcats! Tomorrow is when the real party begins.

Resolution: Work less, as unlikely as it may be.

I usually get plastered with friends, but I haven't seen my family in a long time, so I'll be hanging out with them, which includes 40+ first cousins (Catholics). I might leave around 12:30 to get plastered with friends, though.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Party up the street....I'll be on my second wind by 12:02

:all_cohol:

Resolutions...it took 5 years of resolving to quit smoking before I actually did it....so....NO.

I have goals and directions I'd like to take both personally and career wise in 2009, so we'll see if it works out.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 12-31-2008 at 04:32 PM.

Turn Off Ads?