Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2009 Reds Winter Caravan

2009 Reds Winter Caravan

The 2009 CINCINNATI REDS WINTER CARAVAN will make stops in
    Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee and West Virginia!

The 2009 Reds Winter Caravan is scheduled to make 17 fan stops in five states covering four days and more than 2,600 miles. The caravan kicks off Thursday, Jan. 22 and will include fan stops that will be open to the public along with Hot Stove stops at Reds on Radio Network affiliates.

The 2009 tour will consist of three separate caravans touring simultaneously. The stops open to the public will be free, and at each public stop the Reds will raffle off two tickets to the 2009 Opening Day game against the New York Mets on April 6.

The very popular Reds Winter Caravan provides fans with the opportunity to interact with Reds Manager Dusty Baker, President of Baseball Operations and General Manager Walt Jocketty, current and former players, broadcasters and other members of the front office staff. At each stop, the group will field questions from fans, sign autographs and pose for photographs. Sales representatives will be on hand to discuss season tickets and group sales, while the Reds Hall of Fame, the Reds Community Fund and Cincinnati USA Regional Tourism Network also will attend selected stops.

All personnel scheduled to appear at each stop will be posted soon.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/f...um/caravan.jsp

Follow that link for the schedule. They're coming to Charleston on Thursday, January 22nd.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 12-30-2008 at 01:43 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2009 Reds Winter Caravan

Nashville! Good for them. They used to have a real footprint in parts of Tennessee, and then ceded swaths of it to Atlanta. I like the effort to re-establish a presence down this way.

Bowling Green on the 23rd. I will finally get to go to one of these things. Now I need a question for Walt.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Bowling Green on the 23rd. I will finally get to go to one of these things. Now I need a question for Walt.
    How about "what on earth possessed you to sign Willy Taveras? Got a bet on the Cubs?"
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    How about "what on earth possessed you to sign Willy Taveras? Got a bet on the Cubs?"
    That's exactly what I was thinking actually. I also was thinking about asking him why he didn't feel the need to bring back Adam Dunn and how the Reds are going to score runs without anyone that knows how to get on base.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

This is a really cool idea and obviously wildly popular. I was going to attend the Columbus stop but I see it's at Polaris Fashion Place. Yuck. Not worth fighting that traffic..
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Thanks for the info! I'll have to send that link to a couple of my friends. They live in Muncie and I think they'll want to attend the event when it comes to town next month. They're big baseball fans and a (now) married couple I met when we were all in college together. We went to HOF induction night together this past season and had a blast in our club seats. He splurged for that game since his favorite player is Barry Larkin. He's a big Reds fan and she's a Cubs fan, but hey, no one's perfect and I don't hold it against her, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Nashville! Good for them. They used to have a real footprint in parts of Tennessee, and then ceded swaths of it to Atlanta. I like the effort to re-establish a presence down this way.
    I wonder if Marty's hair will top the Bell South tower.

Looks like we get the fancy-haired poofy-boy in Lexington.

Turn Off Ads?