Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corey Patterson signs with...not the Reds!

Corey Patterson signs with...not the Reds!

The Denver Post reports that the Nationals have signed Corey Patterson and Jorge Sosa to minor league deals.

Who didn't see that one coming? The Nats have been sniffing around for a center fielder with the idea of moving Lastings Milledge to a corner, but it'd hardly make sense to play Patterson over Josh Willingham, Austin Kearns or Elijah Dukes. The Nats also have Wily Mo Pena and Willie Harris for the outfield, and since Jim Bowden is still running the show, they might not be through yet.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Corey Patterson signs with...not the Reds!

In addition, Gary Majewski signed with the Phillies. This may be the best Christmas ever!

Banner day for former Cincy stiffs.

Phillies Sign Gary Majewski
    By Tim Dierkes [December 23 at 2:51pm CST]
    According to Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post, the Phillies signed reliever Gary Majewski to a minor league deal worth $650K.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Bowden is petitioning Bud Selig to allow the Nationals to field a softball team with four outfielders?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

YAY!!! It wasn't us!!!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

So they have 6 outfielders competing for... 3 spots... and Jimbo's solution is to.... SIGN ANOTHER OUTFIELDER.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    The Denver Post reports that the Nationals have signed Corey Patterson and Jorge Sosa to minor league deals.

Who didn't see that one coming? The Nats have been sniffing around for a center fielder with the idea of moving Lastings Milledge to a corner, but it'd hardly make sense to play Patterson over Josh Willingham, Austin Kearns or Elijah Dukes. The Nats also have Wily Mo Pena and Willie Harris for the outfield, and since Jim Bowden is still running the show, they might not be through yet.
    Drew Stubbs + for Lastings Milledge would be awesome. Too bad Drew stunk up the AFL or he might have been a decent chip this offseason.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    YAY!!! It wasn't us!!!!
    So true
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Now that that's over....

If Corey wants job security he might look and see if Many Acta has a daughter he can date.
    Last edited by George Anderson; 12-23-2008 at 04:33 PM.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    If Corey wants job security he might look and see if Clint Hurdle has a daughter he can date.
    Isn't Hurdle with the Rockies? Corey signed with the Nats.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Please now JimBo, sign Taveras and platoon him with Patterson.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

In CP's defense, he did play the best defensive CF this team has seen since Mike Cameron's days.

Too bad Corey can't hit worth a lick.
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    In CP's defense, he did play the best defensive CF this team has seen since Mike Cameron's days.

Too bad Corey can't hit worth a lick.

Agreed on both points.

Pants is pretty militant about this Reds East thing, huh?

Turn Off Ads?