Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds and International Interest?

Reds and International Interest?

I don't know what to make of this passing tidbit in the Boston Globe (as seen on mlbtraderumors.com) but I LOVE that the Reds continue to peruse "non traditional" talent pools.

The Red Sox, Orioles, Braves, Reds, and Cardinals remain interested in Kenshin Kawakami.
    That said... really? Reds interested in another starting pitcher? I'm all for this... can never have too much talent, especially on the hill... but really?
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds and International Interest?

Anyone know anything about his stats? Maybe a video of this guy? Something in me wants to brush it off but I want to know what I am brushing off first...

Braves signed him the other day.

Ok thanks... then it's all a moot point. And let's hope the Braves made a foolish decision... :
    "I can throw out any man alive." - Johnny Bench

Quote Originally Posted by timothy1 View Post
    Ok thanks... then it's all a moot point. And let's hope the Braves made a foolish decision... :
    yeah, kinda like the $60 mil. they threw at lowe.
    "Six outs to a full inning. In a major league game, you're going to play 8 or 9 innings. That is never going to change. The money changes. People change. But the game itself is never going to change. The people who designed this thing are brilliant."-Jamie Moyer

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack2880 View Post
    yeah, kinda like the $60 mil. they threw at lowe.
    By all accounts, Lowe is worth that if not more. Last year with a FIP of 3.26 (a replacement pitcher has a FIP of 5.40) over 211 innings Lowe had a value of 50 runs (5 wins) above a replacement player making him worth roughly 22 million. Lowe projects next season to have a FIP of 3.70 over 200 innings making him supposedly worth 38 runs over a replacement pitcher (3.8 wins) and 16.7 million, so I think the Braves made quite a good investment signing Lowe
    Baseball is not necessarily an obsessive-compulsive disorder, like washing your hands 100 times a day, but it's beginning to seem that way. We're reaching the point where you can be a truly dedicated, state-of-the-art fan or you can have a life. Take your pick. ~Thomas Boswell

Having a life is overrated.

Turn Off Ads?