Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Give me the lowdown on the Wii

Re: Give me the lowdown on the Wii

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    That's false. It's a remake of a Japanese game, but not Spirits. It's a remake of Jikkyou Powerful Major League.
    I stand corrected.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I got my wife a Wii Fit for her birthday and she loves it.

Even if we don't play together, the Wii has something for everyone. My kids will play the adventure games (Okami currently, Zelda before).

I love Wii Golf. My best (expand chest) is 13 under. To make it more interesting I play with two Miis: oneupper and a mii who resembles Lord Voldemort. Evil usually wins.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

If you like Wii Golf, you should get Tiger Woods. Much more in depth.
    Tyler

Santa brought it to our house. Our 7 yr old daughter, my wife and I all love it. We were not previous owners of a video game system, but this is pretty darn furn. We had it set up for when the rest of the family came over for Christmas later in the day Dec 25, and we had our older, fairly techno-illiterate and very reserved aunt and uncle playing bowling and baseball and just whooping it up. We are loving the Wii sports (although quite simplisitic, it's fun!) and Mario cart games. I'd like to get the MLB baseball game sometime soon. I would highly recommend it altho even still I am conscious of wasting too much time on it!! Too many other things to be doing, especially once spring and summer come around!
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I think it is impossible to not have fun playing the Wii. Its wonderful but like Nate said the Wii fitness will give you a dose of reality, I am probably 25lbs overweight and it made my Mii really large and told me I was obese, the wife thought it was funny until it told her she was overweight.
    Wife and I just got this as a Valentine's Day gift for each other.(Nothing says Happy Valentine's Day like a balance board saying "You're obese.")

Had a ton of fun on a workout tonight, and it was at least an hour long.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Wife and I just got this as a Valentine's Day gift for each other.(Nothing says Happy Valentine's Day like a balance board saying "You're obese.")

Had a ton of fun on a workout tonight, and it was at least an hour long.
    My wife and I bought one for each other for Valentines day also and it really is a great gift. Even though our kids are to little to really understand how to play they still have fun seeing their caricatures on screen and acting like they are playing.

I do have one question, on the boxing does it matter how hard you swing the stick as to how hard the punch is thrown?? The same for baseball, does it matter how hard you swing the stick as to how the pitch is thrown or the bat is swung

The reason I ask is my two year old son hit a homerun and unless he is a future Adam Dunn I cannot see him swinging the stick that hard to hit a HR.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    The same for baseball, does it matter how hard you swing the stick as to how the pitch is thrown or the bat is swung

The reason I ask is my two year old son hit a homerun and unless he is a future Adam Dunn I cannot see him swinging the stick that hard to hit a HR.
    Try playing Wii Sports baseball with just wrist action (no arm motion) and you'll see that it's much easier to get a sense of how much the speed of the controller movement affects the speed of the pitch. (Hint: It's not as much as you think. )

I've never tried using just wrist action for boxing, but I imagine it would work, too. It would probably also be far less tiring!
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Try playing Wii Sports baseball with just wrist action (no arm motion) and you'll see that it's much easier to get a sense of how much the speed of the controller movement affects the speed of the pitch. (Hint: It's not as much as you think. )

I've never tried using just wrist action for boxing, but I imagine it would work, too. It would probably also be far less tiring!
    On WiiSports Baseball it only takes a flick of the wrist. I am Albert Pujols on there. My sons hate playing me. Now boxing is a different matter. I have found that if one player is swinging, they have the advantage. If both players are using wrist action it works just fine.

We just got Little League World Series, and for some reason I haven't figured out how to hit for power, but I am the Tim Lincecum of pitching. I am averaging 11 K/6.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    On WiiSports Baseball it only takes a flick of the wrist. I am Albert Pujols on there. My sons hate playing me. Now boxing is a different matter. I have found that if one player is swinging, they have the advantage. If both players are using wrist action it works just fine.

We just got Little League World Series, and for some reason I haven't figured out how to hit for power, but I am the Tim Lincecum of pitching. I am averaging 11 K/6.
    I figured hitting on wii baseball had little to do with bat speed.

When I first got the game I was swinging the wii stick with the power of Glenn Braggs. I hit like three homeruns in an inning and I thought I was a bad son of a gun. Then my two year old son picked up the wii stick and hit a HR on his very first swing.

It would have made a great commercial.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I figured hitting on wii baseball had little to do with bat speed.

When I first got the game I was swinging the wii stick with the power of Glenn Braggs. I hit like three homeruns in an inning and I thought I was a bad son of a gun. Then my two year old son picked up the wii stick and hit a HR on his very first swing.

It would have made a great commercial.
    Enjoy it while it lasts. Once you make Pro in WS baseball, the HRs will be few and far between.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?