Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Crowdsourcing the 2010Reds

High five!

Crowdsourcing the 2010Reds

I am attempting to gauge the interest y'all might have in crowdsourcing projections for:

*individual Reds hitters
    *individual Reds pitchers
    *team Won/Loss record (same as the annual W/L thread)
    *anything else

It might be kind of interesting to keep the tally "live" with averages, lows and highs of everyone's picks. You can check out my idea for the hitters here.

If interested, post in this thread! Some details...

Each player will have his own "sheet" in the spreadsheet. So when you look at the template, this would be for a single player. Each Redszoner can put their name in column A and enter the stats to the right. The top will calculate average, high and low picks. The Summary sheet will give us an "average" Reds hitter (shudder!).

I have it set up to calculate "slash" stats from counting stats. I was hoping to make it so each participant could decide if they want to enter the counting stats or just enter a full or even partial slash line.

I figured we'd leave it open until the season starts so make sure those crystal balls are shiny and Nostradamus books translated!

So far, I've just set up the hitter workbook. If there's enough interest, I'll continue with the pitchers. Then, this time next year, we can all drink wassail and hurl derision and invective towards each other as we laugh at our misguided picks! Holiday spirit and all!

Let me know what you think!

P.S. to the mods, please feel free to sticky and/or post to the Sun Deck as well

Unless it's a crap idea and no one is interested, then delete ASAP!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Crowdsourcing the 2010Reds

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I am attempting to gauge the interest y'all might have in crowdsourcing projections for:

*individual Reds hitters
    *individual Reds pitchers
    *team Won/Loss record (same as the annual W/L thread)
    *anything else
    Ok, so this is basically a prediction thing? I'll participate. It will be good for some comic relief when people see my projections
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

I will finally be crowned nostradamus' incarnation. Sweet!

I'll play. Somebody has to lower the averages for Willy even more and I'm the guy for the job. How do we access the thing? I clicked on your link and got a page asking for the password.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I'll play. Somebody has to lower the averages for Willy even more and I'm the guy for the job. How do we access the thing? I clicked on your link and got a page asking for the password.
    The best thing actually might be to post a thread for each player here, folks can enter whatever prognostications they desire and then it will get entered into the sheet. The link to that player's sheet can live in the top post of each thread along with the summaries.

If anyone wants to help be a "data enterer," I could grant them access to the sheet.

Turn Off Ads?