Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your 2008 NFL MVP: Peyton Manning!

Re: Your 2008 NFL MVP: Peyton Manning!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Now I didn't watch the game but I've read a lot of complaints about that holding call.
    To clarify, defensive holding is if the receiver is held before the pass, so whether the receiver could have caught the ball or not is immaterial.

If he's held after the pass it's pass interference.
    I wasn't referring to the rule, just that he wasn't going to catch the ball so it seemed unnecessary to make the holding call. I dunno. I don't have much of a defense for it really. He slightly held him so it's against the rules, I just thought that in an OT playoff game that they'd let something like that go.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    I disagree, what makes him deserve it any more than Rivers? Turner? Pennington? I'd say they got it wrong.

Favre has two mvp's, Barry deserved it outright that year.
    Last name. The real reason Manning won the award was his last name. He may have had a great second half of the season but Kurt Warner is a guy who had a great first half. Rivers and Turner had great seasons but they don't have the star power that Payton has.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Last name. The real reason Manning won the award was his last name. He may have had a great second half of the season but Kurt Warner is a guy who had a great first half. Rivers and Turner had great seasons but they don't have the star power that Payton has.
    Whatever. He carried the Colts offense the entire season, he was recovering from two knee surgeries in the first half, so the Colts struggled along with him. Think about how well he played even when the opposing defenses knew the Colts had no running game, their running game was near the bottom. I think it had a lot to do with the fact that the O-line was so beaten up.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?