Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who would be the best option for LF?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chris Dickerson

17 30.36%
  • Norris Hopper

0 0%
  • Micah Owings

3 5.36%
  • Yonder Alonso (at 1B, with Votto moving to LF)

2 3.57%
  • Andruw Jones

1 1.79%
  • Rocco Baldelli

24 42.86%
  • Ty Wigginton

9 16.07%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LF Poll

LF Poll

There are three names out there that the Reds have connected to as of late, Ty Wigginton, Andruw Jones, and Rocco Baldelli. Adding in Dickerson, Hopper and just for arguments sakes Alonso and Owings (I realize Walt hasn't even talked about either as a LF or 1B option for the upcoming season), who would you like to see in LF?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: LF Poll

I'd rather have Baldelli and Wiggington for depth. I don't want to think about Owings as a full time bat, until we see how his piching comes around. His bat is even more valuable has a good-hitting pitcher (starting or from the pen) and part-time PHer, IMO - I'd prefer Jermanine Dye or David Dejesus, but they're not listed. If you shifted Votto to LF, I'd prefer Giambi. I want Alfonso to at least start the season in AA.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 01-04-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Dickerson. I would rather not waste any more money on players that won't make the difference and no one on that list is going to make enough of a difference for the 2009 Cincinnati Reds.

What Doug said. With Taveras as the CF and nowhere else to upgrade barring a massive trade, go big or go home. I see no big in that last, so I'm going home.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Me too. Punt and go home. Dickerson in LF, see what happens.

I went with Baldelli. If he busts, it won't cripple the bank, and if he's good, he can be traded for prospects.

Baldelli if he is cheap, Dickerson if he is not.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

I went with baldelli, playing after a life changing disease, now that's scrappy!
    Witty signature.

Burrell should probably be on the list. I voted for Rocco.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Against right-handers, I want the guy who put up an. 883 OPS last year in 349 PA despite a .258 BAbip: Jim Edmonds. And on the days when he's there, Chris Dickerson would be in CF.

Abreu.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I went with "holy crap, the Reds are really going to suck this year".
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I went with "holy crap, the Reds are really going to suck this year".
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Ty Wigginton (based on the premise he plays 3B and EE plays LF). Sign him and after he produces and trade him for prospects...

Adam Dunn, with Dickerson in CF and Taveras a Cardinal.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?