Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What we know about the 2009 reds so far

What we know about the 2009 reds so far

Heres what we know about the Reds for next season so far.

Reds starting lineup:
    C- Hernandez
    1B- Votto
    2B- Phillips
    3B- EE
    SS- Gonzo
    LF-
    CF- Taveras
    RF- Bruce
    solid core but we need a big bobber in LF.

Starting rotation:
    1) Harang
    2) Volquez
    3) Arroyo
    4) Cueto
    5)
    a solid front 4 but who will be the fifth?

bullpen:
    CL- Cordero
    R- Burton
    R- Weathers
    R- Lincoln
    L- Bray
    L- Rhodes
    one more BP spot
    One more spot open who gets it, looks solid

Bench:
    In- Keppinger
    OF- Dickerson
    OF- Hopper
    C- Hannigan
    In-
    We need one more Infielder for the bench.

So that still leaves 4 spots opened with either the last rotation or bull pen spot going to Owings so its really 3 spots open. So who would you like to see the Reds feel there open spots with.Me I would work it a little different. I would trade EE for Sanchez and put Sanchez in the 5 spot of the rotation and put Owings in the BP. I would start Keppinger at 3rd and sign Burrell to play LF. Sign Hairston to be the jack of all trades utility guy. Put W. Castillo on the bench.That would give the Reds a team that could contend and a payroll that could fit the budget more than likely. Heres what it would look like.

Lineup:
    1) Taveras - CF
    2) Phillips -2B
    3) Votto - 1B
    4) Burrell - LF
    5) Bruce - RF
    6) Keppinger - 3B
    7) Hernandez - C
    8) Gonzo - SS

Rotation:
    1) Harang
    2) Volquez
    3) Arroyo
    4) Cueto
    5) Sanchez

Bull Pen:
    Cl- Cordero
    R- Burton
    R- Weathers
    R- Lincoln
    R- Owings
    L- Bray
    L- Rhodes

Bench:
    Hairston JR- In
    W. Castillo- In
    Hannigan- C
    Dickerson- OF
    Hopper- OF

Looks solid to me. What would you like for Walt to do in reason?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What we know about the 2009 reds so far

ramirez

Quote Originally Posted by akron3344 View Post
    ramirez
    X2

Just wondering who the LF would be? Why not give Drew Anderson from Louisville a shot at the position? What is the latest on the moves to fill this position?
    "I can throw out any man alive." - Johnny Bench

What we know about the 2009 Reds so far, a 3rd or 4th place finish in the Central, that's what. That's not good enough!
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

What do we know about the 2009 reds so far?

The pitching has a lot of potential, the positional players are more athletic than we've had in years, and the positional players are also becoming younger and younger. (only Hairston, Hernandez, & Gonzalez are 30 or older and all of them could be gone by 2010. Add in prospects that could be up in '09 or '10 before they turn 25 like Alonso, Frazier, Valaika, & Dorn and it's hello youth movement)
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

My prediction,the Reds will sign some old retread left fielder.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    My prediction,the Reds will sign some old retread left fielder.
    johnny gomes. step right up
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5
    2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2

Outside of the Cubs, I don't see any team in the NL central being all that great. Assuming Ben Sheets leaves the Brewers, that leaves them with a seriously dimished rotation, and also there are the Prince Fielder trade rumors that are starting to swirl. I just get the feeling with that bunch that they peaked this past season. They were built over a period of time, and they got as far as they could. Now, they are starting to unload a bit. The Astros don't seem to know what they are doing. Cardinals aren't getting any better. As long as they have Pujols, they are always somewhat of a threat, but the talent around him is subpar. As for the Pirates...............we all know about them.

I think it won't take many lucky breaks for us to be in the running in this division. I can't think of a team other than the Cubs that is clearly better than us, or can hang their hats on a good offseason as they look to go forward. We've made a few moves. Seems like others are kinda cutting back a bit.

Turn Off Ads?