Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pete Carroll

Re: Pete Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I don't see where Pete Carroll did anything wrong. But since it's Pete Carroll we'll never hear the end of it. In the past Pete Carroll has urged players to leave early if he thinks they are ready. If he doesn't think they're ready then he lets them know. That's what any good coach does. Very few players have gone against Carroll's advice. The last player I remember to do so was Mike Williams and look how he turned out. BTW, I agree with Carroll's assessment. I don't think Sanchez is quite ready for the NFL yet.

But, it's Pete Carroll so we'll just make a big deal out of nothing.

I'll take a crybaby over the cheaters in the SEC.
    If Sam Bradford comes out, Mark Sanchez stays, and rightly so.

FWIW, outside of Kentucky, USC would probably be my second collegiate team in college football. I've always enjoyed watching them play.

To be fair though, Mike Williams probably isn't the best example given he sat out a year fighting the NFL trying to get drafted.

I don't think Sanchez is quite ready right now, and a full year with a clipboard would likely be the best option depending on who drafts him. I think he is better served to come out this year than wait until next when he is going up against Sam Bradford and Tim Tebow, among others.

Right now he has the chance to chase Matt Stafford for the first overall pick and possibly be a top ten pick. Next season, who knows what might happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I like USC too so I don't want to be lumped into a group of "haters"... Personally I thought USC was pretty well liked, but maybe not? I just think Carroll was disappointed in losing a great QB more so than honestly worrying about how ready he is.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I don't see where Pete Carroll did anything wrong. But since it's Pete Carroll we'll never hear the end of it. In the past Pete Carroll has urged players to leave early if he thinks they are ready. If he doesn't think they're ready then he lets them know. That's what any good coach does. Very few players have gone against Carroll's advice. The last player I remember to do so was Mike Williams and look how he turned out. BTW, I agree with Carroll's assessment. I don't think Sanchez is quite ready for the NFL yet.

But, it's Pete Carroll so we'll just make a big deal out of nothing.

I'll take a crybaby over the cheaters in the SEC.
    Victim complex. There's not exactly a long line of people waiting for Pete Carroll to step out of line, but that's exactly what he did.

And prepared or not, it would have been foolish for Sanchez to go back next year and have to compete against the likes of Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, and Tim Tebow for draft position.
    The situation is a lot like Eric Gordon's last spring at IU, yeah he would possibly be a better player, but how much higher would he have been drafted if he stayed.

The player's first job out of college is to get drafted as high as possible. The second job is to perform as well as possible for the team that drafts him. The second job doesn't come before the first job.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?