I just finished my story about Reds Hall of Famers Johnny Bench and Joe Morgan luring George Clooney onto the "Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Monday's episode. (It was taped Thursday). The Reds volunteered to get some Big Red Machine stars to help Ellen get Clooney on her daytime talk show. Ellen has been doing all kinds of stunts since September to get his attention as part of her "George Watch '08." See her video here from today's show of her best efforts to get Clooney -- sending marching bands, models, Miss America contestants, dancers, flowers, etc. to his Warner Bros. office near her TV studio. Or you can see her Clooney quest by searching Ellen Degeneres Clooney on YouTube.

The show airs 10 a.m. Monday on Ch 9, or 4 p.m. Monday on Dayton's Ch 7. When my full story is posted, I'll put up a link.

Her producers just sent me this transcript from the show:

ELLEN CATCHES GEORGE CLOONEY!

Episode to air on Monday, January 19th

GEORGE CLOONEY makes his first appearance on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on Monday, January 19 2009. Talk show Ellen DeGeneres has been on the hunt for George Clooney since moving to the Warner Bros. lot this past season. In the New Year, Ellen was even more determined to catch George with her new slogan “George in Mine in 09.’” Ellen took advice from George’s former “ER” cast member Noah Wylie, who suggested Ellen invite former Cincinnati Reds, Johnny Bench and Joe Morgan on the show to help with entice George to come on the show. The plan worked! Ellen welcomes George and finds out that he has been aware of all the Ellen stunts and even has a favorite.

Ellen finds out that George has been aware of all her stunts to lure him to the show.

Ellen: You’ve known about all this. Have people been informing you every step of the way of what we’ve done?

George: Informing me is not really what I would call what my office has been doing. Ah, complaining.

Ellen: No, they couldn’t be

George: They were a little concerned when that marching band came in.

Ellen: They did some damage.

George: It’s not so bad. The trombone player hurt someone, as always.

Ellen: People have been coming up to you?

George: Oh people do come up to me all the time and say what’s wrong with you man. Why don’t you go on Ellen’s show?

Ellen: And, you say?

George: I say I haven’t been in town, which I haven’t been in town for a long time. I haven’t really…(laughing)

Ellen: I know you don’t like doing these shows and I appreciate you being here. You do enough. You don’t need to be doing extra stuff.

George: I’ve been busy.

Ellen asks George what his favorite thing was about “George Clooney Watch.”

Ellen: First of all, what was your favorite thing that we did so far beside this (Joe Morgan and Johnny Bench of the Cincinnati Reds) obviously?

George: Yeah, this is pretty good. Um, I don’t know I have to think. You got to love Dolly Parton coming over and I have a nice…

Ellen: Cardboard cut out

George: Yeah, but it’s 3-demensional cardboard cut out which some people call you know, a friend….I’d like to thank you for that

Ellen: Your welcome.

George: The gift that keeps on giving.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com