Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #33 prospect?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Junior Arias

13 21.31%
  • Wes Bankston

0 0%
  • Scott Carroll

2 3.28%
  • Wilkin Castillo

4 6.56%
  • Shaun Cumberland

1 1.64%
  • Matt Fairel

2 3.28%
  • Ramon Geronimo

3 4.92%
  • Aguido Gonzalez

0 0%
  • Paul Janish

3 4.92%
  • Yen-Wen Kuo

0 0%
  • Carter Morrison

1 1.64%
  • Alex Oliveras

0 0%
  • Logan Parker

8 13.11%
  • Cody Puckett

0 0%
  • Justin Reed

0 0%
  • Dave Sappelt

8 13.11%
  • Clayton Shunick

0 0%
  • Alex Smit

1 1.64%
  • Jordan Smith

9 14.75%
  • Shea Snowden

0 0%
  • Craig Tatum

0 0%
  • Mace Thurman

3 4.92%
  • Phil Valiquette

3 4.92%
  • Byron Wiley

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Redszone's #37 prospect?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Who is Redszone's #37 prospect?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I agree with you. If you're going to let signing bonus be a factor, I think you have to go with Matt Fairel before you go with Junior Arias.
    Several guys on the list got better signing bonuses than Arias, and they got draft bonus money, which is a lot different than international bonus money. International bonus money would likely be split in half had these guys been drafted because there is no open competition to get these guys at that point.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Im starting to wonder if the some of the people voting have even seen a Reds minor league game
    I think that's only a part of it, you can watch plenty of games and still not know anything different if you don't know what to look for. I get to see only a limited amount of games myself but also combine that with as much scouting info and stats as I can get. I think most don't have enough info but go ahead and vote on what they do know. My plea to them would be ask about players if you don't know about them, we would like this list in the future to be as complete as possible.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Im starting to wonder if the some of the people voting have even seen a Reds minor league game
    Says the guy who thinks Justin Tordi is a good prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Several guys on the list got better signing bonuses than Arias, and they got draft bonus money, which is a lot different than international bonus money. International bonus money would likely be split in half had these guys been drafted because there is no open competition to get these guys at that point.
    I'm not sure if you're trying to agree with me, but that's what I had in mind when I said that. To be fair, only a couple of the remaining options got higher bonuses than Arias, though.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I'm not sure if you're trying to agree with me, but that's what I had in mind when I said that. To be fair, only a couple of the remaining options got higher bonuses than Arias, though.
    I was agreeing with you, but also pointing out that $300,000 on the open market is more like $150,000 in the draft. The money isn't created equally because teams are not bidding against other teams in the draft. So while he got $300,000 but MLB draftee only got $250,000.... that $250,000 is more significant than his $300,000.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Says the guy who thinks Justin Tordi is a good prospect.
    You have said that twice now

He is better than Zach Cozart is defensively

Too bad he can't hit way out of a wet paper sack

He is better than Zach Cozart is defensively
    Zach Cozart has been described as being one of the best defensive shortstops in the minors. He's drawn comparisons defensively to Adam Everett, an elite defensive SS in the majors. I doubt if Tordi is better than Cozart.

Is that supposed to tell me something? I've read reports from Baseball Prospectus, Baseball America, and Redsof72. Zach Cozart is considered a plus defender at shortstop. I'll trust their opinions over old and unreliable minor league defensive stats.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 01-21-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Reading reports is one thing but have you SEEN him play?

Reading reports is one thing but have you SEEN him play?
    No, but I've heard from people who have and they all agree that Cozart is an excellent defensive shortstop.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I agree with you. If you're going to let signing bonus be a factor, I think you have to go with Matt Fairel before you go with Junior Arias.
    What did Fairel sign for and where could one find this info on other signees?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    What did Fairel sign for and where could one find this info on other signees?

Thanks.
    Matt Fairel signed for $250,000. For the 2008 signees, I don't know of a singular source that has everything. Baseball America has released something for each of the past few years, though. I haven't seen one for 2008 yet, but here is a link for 2007's: http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft...m.php?team=CIN

Turn Off Ads?