Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: AFC Championship

Re: AFC Championship

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Maybe. I doubt a QB would be running full speed across the field with his head down. I don't think Clark left his feet, and he led with his shoulder.

Sure. I don't think Clark should have been fined either. All I'm saying is that if a QB had been hit like that - legal or illegal - there would have been a fine for that. The NFL is very protective of their QBs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Sure. I don't think Clark should have been fined either. All I'm saying is that if a QB had been hit like that - legal or illegal - there would have been a fine for that. The NFL is very protective of their QBs.
    That's true. We'll see what happens to Demps for cheap-shotting Warner.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Somewhere Jack Tatem is smiling.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Maybe. I doubt a QB would be running full speed across the field with his head down. I don't think Clark left his feet, and he led with his shoulder.
    A QB would have had more time to see him coming and A) Reacted or B) Get their keyster to the ground (unless youre John Elway or whats his name for Houston). In that scenario theres no way that hit happens.

And yes the NFL puts skirts on QBs, its not like when Ken Stabler, Fran Tarketon, Broadway Joe played. QBs are multi hundred million dollar investments (once you get to all the advertising along with bonuses) for the franchises theyre going to do as much as they can to "protect" that. Thats why you cant even look at a qb crossed eye without a stearn warning.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Ok, I know there aren't many Steeler fans here, but this video is kinda cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkTflRQzCZg
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    Ok, I know there aren't many Steeler fans here, but this video is kinda cool...
    Ok, thankfully no one in that video was over 18 years of age and there were no players so you possibly avoided a jinx.

BUT DON'T DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT AGAIN!
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Ok, thankfully no one in that video was over 18 years of age and there were no players so you possibly avoided a jinx.

Ha! You sound like me Steel. My better half has to put up with all of my ridiculous superstitions for the next 7 days. She just laughed at me mos of time in the two weeks leading up to SBXL. This time around she just acts as if it's normal and expected.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I was leary of posting, but as it did not involve the players, team employees or hot dog vendors, I thought it to be safe. Plus, the kids can shred.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

You make your own luck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJNC3dgreaU

Didnt hurt them at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I'm not sure that's going to be the case, although the Cardinals have been riding on a +9 turnover rate throughout the playoffs. It's interesting because even though Arizona's defense isn't very good against either the pass or the run, they did force 30 Turnovers during the regular season and then another 9 in the playoffs. The Cards were tied for fifth in the NFL during the regular season in that category. Given their proficiency in the Playoffs, Arizona would rank 2nd in the NFL in Turnovers forced per Game at 2.21, only slightly behind Baltimore's 2.26 TO/G.

The Cardinals are a proficient passing offense that can take advantage of both a short and long field. Should Pittsburgh give the Cardinals a short field to work with at any point, the Cards might not miss any opportunities to score. The Cardinals aren't anything resembling a good rushing team, but with a trio of Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston, they have the top trio of receivers in the game and can replicate the running game they'll likely be missing by using short crossing routes through the Pittsburgh zone defense. It's how they neutralize the blitz so Dick Lebeau is going to have to mix things up a bit more than normal and their front three is going to have to generate a tremendous push up the middle to compensate.

While Kurt Warner is immobile as all get out, he releases the ball as quickly as any QB in the game. If the Arizona offensive line gets away with the kind of holding we've seen while others have tried to block James Harrison, it could be a long day for that Pitt defense.

And the Pittsburgh punting game sucks. It's sucked all year. If Pittsburgh loses this game, it might be because Daniel Sepulveda tore his ACL in July and Pittsburgh was never able to find an acceptable replacement. Mitch Berger needs to have the game of his life. Anything else could be crippling.

Finally, the ultimate wildcard is whether or not Ken Whisenhunt and Russ Grimm can anticipate and properly evaluate Pittsburgh's defensive looks. As defense is consistently reactive to a proactive offense, it might mean an early-game lead for the Cards. I would suggest that this is not a game where Mike Tomlin should defer if he wins the coin toss. Pittsburgh has the talent (if healthy) to catch up, but they can't make a single mistake if they get behind by 10 points or more. If they do, it'll likely be a rout in the other direction.
    I don't think you've got anything to worry about Steel. You'll have a great evening tonight. Sure the Steelers could blow it and Warner is a QB to be reckoned with, but when you get right down to it the Steelers are better...much better. Warner's immobility will be a problem and he'll not have time to get the ball downfield to his playmakers. The 9-7 Cardinals got to the Super Bowl by playing inferior competition. Their being in Tampa is testament to the weakness of the NFC. Look for the Steelers to have the game well in hand by the 4th qtr and win by double digits.

As a Bengal fan, I can't root for the Steelers but I know them well and respect that they're the much better team today.

Turn Off Ads?