Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Reds team how it is now

Re: The Reds team how it is now

I would love to have faith in this Reds team with this roster has some of you have. I have a filling if nothing more is done, some of you are in for a long season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    I would love to have faith in this Reds team with this roster has some of you have. I have a filling if nothing more is done, some of you are in for a long season.
    Hey they always play another team!

[QUOTE=dunner13;1791503]1. Everyone on this board is going to go to game if they have the chance to. Its the middle of january and your posting on a reds board and probably checking it at least daily, bottom line is we are all die hard fans. So we may gripe and complain but will support this team probably til we die.

I agree Dunner13, i'm going to go to games for sure, i'll go to opening day if i can. we haven't had a winning season since 99, and i still went last year, so why stop now? This team has a lot of upside with Bruce, Votto, Cueto and Volquez, it's just frustrating that they didn't do ANYTHING to really make themselves better this offseason. The day will come when you have to pay those guys, and now would be the time to pay other studs, and try to get a world series while you can afford it. (Manny Ramirez)

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I'm gonna try to get to around my usual 15 to 20 games regardless. As long as the youngsters are there. Love going to the games as does my girl. I wanna watch the careers of our youngsters progress.

I'm also going to to say we're about a 74-88 ballclub right now. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-0

I think many will be pleasantly surprised.

The Reds have more speed than they have had in years. The Reds haven't had a guy to steal 50 bases since Larkin in 1995. Taveras should get that. Hey, if he can get his average and OBP up he may approach Davis or Collins levels of the 80's. With Dickerson, Hopper and Phillips, this is the fastest team the Reds have had in twenty years. The speed is also the best in the division

The pitching is also the best the Reds have had in years. Although there are no proven # 5's there are plenty of competetors. That means if someone should slip there should be back-up. The bullpen may not be nasty boys standards, but it ain't bad. It also may be the best in the division.

Everyone worries about the power and rightfully so. Dickerson, EE, Hernandez, and Phillips all have the potential of hitting 20 home runs. Votto and Bruce 30. That is 140 right there. With the speed on the basepaths helping the Reds may see more mistake pitches also.

I think the batting averages will be up this year which should help produce runs.
    Last edited by flash; 01-22-2009 at 07:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Turn Off Ads?