I thought I'd start a seperate thread of the oldest living ball players. Iowa Red posted a fascinating link to Wikipedia of the current list, now that Bill Werber died.

Some of the names surprised me. I had no idea Dom DiMaggio was still living. My sister-in-law's uncle, Tommy Umphlett, replaced DiMaggio in the Red Sox outfield in 1953. Likewise, I didn't know Marty Marion was still alive. Bobby, as noted below, is the oldest living HOF player. And I didn't know Lee MacPhail was still alive.

As I noted, Eddie Joost and Lonnie Frey are still alive from the 1939/1940 Reds.

Here's the Wikipedia link again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...seball_players

Some interesting tidbits from the entry:

Notes
Bobby Doerr, at 90, is the oldest living member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame who was selected as a player. He gained induction in 1986.

Executive Lee MacPhail, at 91, is the oldest living member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame. He was inducted in 1998.

Herman Franks, at 95, is the oldest living major league manager; he managed the San Francisco Giants (1965-1968) and Chicago Cubs (1977-1979).

Tommy Henrich, at 95, is the oldest living major league coach; he coached with the New York Yankees (1951), New York Giants (1957) and Detroit Tigers (1958-1959).

Bill Kinnamon, at 89, is the oldest living major league umpire; he worked in the American League from 1960 to 1969.

Emilio Navarro, at 103, is the oldest living professional baseball player; he spent his entire career in the Negro leagues.

Chet Hoff, a pitcher for the New York Yankees and St. Louis Browns, is the longest-lived major leaguer. He died in 1998, aged & 107 years, 132 days.

Silas Simmons, who played in the Negro leagues, is believed to be the longest-lived baseball player in history. His year of birth is disputed, but he was at least 109 and more likely 111 at the time of his death in 2006.